Menu

Family upheaval - send good vibes and prayers

Ginevra

I'm so sorry.   :grouphug:  I heard something about a teacher on the local news this morning.  Regardless of what happened, I hope your brother is treated fairly in the process.  Hang in there.   :grouphug:

Thank you.  :(

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Sorry you had to hear about your brother on the news.  Hopefully, he had talked with you in advance, even though seeing something on the news would still be shocking.

My SIL called me, so I did hear it from a friend first. It's breaking my heart. 

I am so sorry. 

I don't know which story is about your brother, but if there's a mug shot, it's not fun. 

I wanted to thank you for making your post; it made me go look in the Denver Post.  I saw the headline about the passing of one of the nicest people I have ever met, Jim Lays, tennis pro at Denver Country Club.  I haven't seen him since 1978, but it still made me sad to know he is gone.  The obituary bears out that he had a good and decent impact in the world, and I am sorry he is gone. 

I would not have known had you not made your post.  I'm sorry he's gone, but glad to have read about his life.  RIP, Jim.

See? There's a yellow butterfly in every sad story. I'm glad you were able to find this out, even if it was from this major Plot Twist in my family. 

:grouphug:  Oh, how cr*ppy. I'm so sorry.  And your SIL called you? His wife?  I feel for her too.  Just so sorry.   :grouphug:

Yes, his stbx wife. They were divorcing, but I know she was hoping for a reconciliation. Now she is just humiliated. I am terribly sad for her, too. 

I'm so sorry.  :grouphug:   It's so hard to go through something like that.  My husband's uncle was arrested for something similar (and made it all the way into the national news because he was a state legislator at the time :sad: ) so I have some idea how heart-breaking and confusing it is to go through something like that.  It's really difficult to see someone you care about go through it, even if you believe they're guilty.  

I'm so sorry. I don't know the story, but I have a family member (not a sibling) that had a habit that is "typical but not ideal" turn into a crime because of a technicality beyond his control. It came out in stages--lost job because of the first part being against company policy, and now has a record with a particularly yucky label attached to it because of the technicality. He knew ahead it would come out and went to the police himself, so things went better for him (no jail time). Some people in his small town have not been kind, including some family. It was really hard on closer family members, particularly around court dates. He has become a new person in a good way from the experience. I hope that your brother finds a path to a new beginning through this even if his freedom or options are severely curtailed because of it.

I am so sorry.

When I first started teaching a very good friend of mine, also a teacher, was involved in a very similar situation. I found out about it on the evening news. It was shocking and heartbreaking not only to find out that someone you really care about is capable of something like that, but to find out about it on the news...

I'm just really, really sorry.