Menu

It is so beautiful out today I have the windows open

swellmomma

After weeks of -30 to -40C temps today is just beautiful, actually yesterday was nice enough I went to the library in my short sleeves and no coat.  Today is even warmer, only -8C (windchill only -14C), feels good to throw open the kitchen window and get some fresh air circulating in here.  It also has me in the cleaning mood, like an early spring cleaning day.

I had someone once stop to tell me that my windows were open.  It was winter, and they were worried I was paying for so much heat and letting it escape.  Dear old saint!  Our corn stove can suffocate the house with it's heat, so I wasn't worried about "heating up the outside world"  I just wanted some fresh air.

It's currently -5C with a windchill of -11C!!!!!!  Woo hoo!!!!

I know what you're sayin', swellmomma.  Back on Wednesday, the daily highs were finally starting to move up into the -20C range and everyone here was commenting on how warm it felt.  I was outside with no mitts or gloves on and it felt fine.  It's all relative, man...  All relative. ;)