Menu

Low carb (LCHF) and nursing a 1 year old

Scrub Jay

Anyone BTDT and have stories?  Most of my reading online seems to center around young babies.

DD2 is recently night weaned and she still nurses a ton during the day.  She also eats some solids. 

I am just seeing mixed opinions on this.  I definitely do not want to jeopardize my supply but I wonder if it is much of an issue at this point?

:huh:

I don't see why it should be a problem as long as you are still drinking lots of fluids and nursing on demand during the day.

Kellymom.com lists some concerns.  I am guessing I am in the safety zone since DD2 is much older but was hoping to hear from those who have experienced it. 

I do nurse on demand so I have that going for me.  I should up my water intake, though.

I wasn't super low carb, but I ate Paleo (so fairly low) throughout pregnancy with my son and nursing him, didn't have any issues. No issues so far with my daughter (at 7mo) but my carb intake is a little higher because it's pretty much her only source of nutrients at this point.