Menu

Confession time

creekland

With middle son home from college, our eating habits have gone in the dumps for the most part - trying to cram in every comfort food we've ever had that he loves (and doesn't get at college)...

Spam and eggs are delicious!  It's one seriously bad habit that we picked up in HI... (Saimin would be another, but we can't get it around here... :glare: )

But once or twice per year shouldn't do much damage.  ;)

However, adding the steak planned for dinner and the chipped beef and gravy for either lunch or tomorrow's breakfast and the cheesesteaks we ate yesterday for lunch and the pizza buffet and the chinese buffet...

If you don't hear from me in a typical manner... at least know it was all quite tasty! ;)

It's probably a good thing that he doesn't come back often (not expecting him back for a year if all goes as planned).

We'll be back to our regular menu on Tuesday (him too).

(And to anyone having "sympathy heart attacks," do realize we also work in our tasty garden veggies (all organic) plus a few other tasty healthy things like salmon and daily pomegranates.)

We do the same thing.   As a matter of fact, my youngest checks the fridge when he hears my oldest is coming home and whines that we only have food when "he" is home, the rest of the time we starve!  And it is partially true!

Myra

Your post made me smile and remember my father telling me I was welcome home anytime and to come more often. I was a bit startled because my dad was a bit of a grouch and in my twenties I brought a very poorly behaved dog into his cat loving home when I visited. It became a madhouse, lots of hissing and barking. He quickly fessed up and admitted that the food was sooooo good when I came home. My mom made all my favorites which he loved too! :lol:

We do the same thing.   As a matter of fact, my youngest checks the fridge when he hears my oldest is coming home and whines that we only have food when "he" is home, the rest of the time we starve!  And it is partially true!

Myra

Cute!  I haven't heard complaints from youngest yet, but he gets his "side meals" from working at Chick-fil-A, so I imagine that works for his "fix."

Yes. When we're out in the car together, I've been going through drive-thrus for shakes and smoothies and even fast-food.

We might be guilty of doing this too... and soft pretzels at the mall... ;)

Your post made me smile and remember my father telling me I was welcome home anytime and to come more often. I was a bit startled because my dad was a bit of a grouch and in my twenties I brought a very poorly behaved dog into his cat loving home when I visited. It became a madhouse, lots of hissing and barking. He quickly fessed up and admitted that the food was sooooo good when I came home. My mom made all my favorites which he loved too! :lol:

So, it doesn't end with the college years?  Hubby will be happy to hear this!  :drool5:

Yes. When we're out in the car together, I've been going through drive-thrus for shakes and smoothies and even fast-food.

I had to laugh outloud when I read this post!  I just got back from running upstairs to surprise the boys with fruit/protein/almond milkshakes that I just blended for a treat!

Myra

I had to laugh outloud when I read this post!  I just got back from running upstairs to surprise the boys with fruit/protein/almond milkshakes that I just blended for a treat!

Myra

LOL. At home, we've been back to making mocha protein shakes thick enough to eat with a spoon.