Menu

Our curricula is still making me happy - in January :)

So thrilled with Memoria Press.

We are doing their 6th grade, Kindergarten, online Latin and Composition classes and I'm still singing their praises!!!

It was a tad pricey in the fall, registration, class fees, curricula, etc but now that we are in the swing of things I am so happy.

The planning is almost non-existent.  Ordering library books and maybe some rabbit trail craft projects I want to do...

The rigor is on par for my children.  They are challenged, learning alot, but not in any way overwhelmed.

School is getting done consistently, we are on target for today's date (one is ahead) and my homeschool is working!

This is all huge change from years past and I just wanted you all who care (fellow hs moms) to hear about it.

Hope your coming back to work after the holidays is going well.  

We just started the Memoria Press packages yesterday :001_smile: ...I am glad to hear it is going well for you...So far so good for us too, but it has only been two days (well one and a half, the boys are having lunch now)...

We are doing the 1st, 3rd, and 6th grade packages...My 7th grader is doing the 6th grade package, my other two are in 1st and 3rd...

We're doing the whole shebang.  I cannot tell you how nice it is to open and GO :)

I am a box checker, so are they.  We feel accomplished, and even, dare I say it, DONE when we get to the end of a week on Wed/Thurs!!  I love the feeling of being DONE.  For years I have never felt DONE with work, always something else we could add in, you know, just for enrichment.

When we're done I can even take the next day/days off or move forward to the next week.  My choice.

Seriously, I am soo relieved to be done with the scheduling.

This year I needed school to be on auto-pilot.  MP is as close as that gets around here.

Thanks for celebrating that with me.

:party:  Good for you!

(And thanks for sharing :thumbup1: ). Although...I've been sort of looking at some MP stuff for the last few months and now I'm really drooling over it, lol.

I drool too, but only because that's how I'd enjoy learning.  My kids on the other hand, would not.  ;)

:hurray:   This is exciting!!!!  Thanks for sharing.

We feel accomplished, and even, dare I say it, DONE when we get to the end of a week on Wed/Thurs!!  I love the feeling of being DONE.  For years I have never felt DONE with work, always something else we could add in, you know, just for enrichment.

ooooooooooo  I WANT this feeling, too!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I am so happy for you!!!

My homeschooling is really sucking the big one this year.  I knew it in September,  but already spent my curriculum money!

Miserable does not even begin to explain how we are this year.  SO MUCH MONEY!!!  SO MUCH MISERY!!!!

I am ready to toss everything and just spend the rest of this year unschooling.

Stress does not even begin to describe what is happening here and I am so done!!.

I think we found a good groove here. Not Memoria Press, but it all seems to be working for us. We did make one change. DD loves Saxon math. I can't stand it. I begged her to reconsider Singapore and try it again and she agreed. Well, we are on our first week with Singapore and she LIKES IT. Yay! I like it sooo much better than Saxon. 

A couple of my friends and I all switched to the full MP packages this year, and we too were just commenting that this is the first Christmas break in which we haven't made any changes or spent time researching what else is out there!  It feels so good!

We are using 5th grade (with Second Form Latin & Famous Men of the Middle Ages online), 3rd grade, 1st grade and Jr. K.  It is work, but it is working!  Glad to hear it is going well for others too!