Menu

Hello HS friends - I need your ideas and recipes!

HSMom2One

It's been a long time since I was here, but since I'm about to ask for crockpot ideas I knew where to go for advice!! But rather than ideas for the whole family, I need help just for me for lunches. You see, I'm working more hours as an art teacher at a school now and for Christmas I got a little 2-qt. crockpot, a small ladle and a matching Corningware mug. They are sooooooo cute, but I haven't come up with any healthy ideas that would be good for me during a work day. I'd love to stay low carb, so that limits a lot already.

Can anyone throw out some suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Blessings,

Lucinda

post-9006-0-95704500-1388642600_thumb.jpg

post-9006-0-95704500-1388642600_thumb.jpg

I used to set up dinner for my dad in one this size when I would visit him in the mornings. It was so easy! Just put in the ingredients and turn it on and a single serving was ready in about 4 hours.

His favorite recipes were:

pork chop ( one boneless chop, cover with cream of mushroom soup and dried onion)

Pizza chicken ( one boneless chicken breast, cover with spaghetti sauce and a few sliced mushrooms)

Beef soup ( can of beef broth, about a cup of cubed stew meat and a small package of frozen stew vegetables)

Chicken broccoli soup ( can of cream of chicken soup, about a cup cubed chicken or a small can of chicken meat plus frozen broccoli)

Not much help on the lunch, but I just wanted to say hi!  :)

Maybe a bit of grain like some rice or millet and then pour a can of soup (uncondensed) over it?  Then take carrot sticks and hummus.  You could probably bake half a sweet potato in it and again have some fresh veges on the side.  I just bought a 4 qt crockpot to see if I could get our lunches on auto a little better, and that's the vein I'm going in.  I just haven't done it enough in the crockpot to know how well it works.  :)

Not much help on the lunch, but I just wanted to say hi!   :)

Hi back, OhElizabeth! Thanks for popping in.

I like your suggestions, AK_Mom4. Thanks for sharing.

Bring on some more, folks! I'd love to use this little crock pot for more than keeping canned soup warm.

Blessings,

Lucinda

AMDG

Well, I think it was very rude of KungFuPanda to steal my idea but since it was in the spirit of charity . . . I forgive. :tongue_smilie:

and now I don't have anything to say except that there are some cool freezer-to-crockpot recipes/ideas that I think would be just the thing.  If you do that, you could spend a Saturday morning or some afternoon doing up a batch into single servings.  THen in the mornings, just grab the one you want and toss it in.

This is just one of many sites.

http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/09/20-meals-in-2-hours-slow-cooker-freezer-meals/

AMDG

Well, I think it was very rude of KungFuPanda to steal my idea but since it was in the spirit of charity . . . I forgive. :tongue_smilie:

and now I don't have anything to say except that there are some cool freezer-to-crockpot recipes/ideas that I think would be just the thing.  If you do that, you could spend a Saturday morning or some afternoon doing up a batch into single servings.  THen in the mornings, just grab the one you want and toss it in.

This is just one of many sites.

http://whoneedsacape.com/2013/09/20-meals-in-2-hours-slow-cooker-freezer-meals/

Wow!! This is a great idea, MomOfOneFunOne! I really like your suggestion here and am going to explore more ideas along those lines.

Blessings,

Lucinda