Menu

Movie Recommendation! "Take Back Your Power" (for aprox. age 11 and up)

Pen

My son just watched this movie, which we received as a Christmas gift, and  he strongly recommends it and asked me to post about it here (I recommend it too)! It would be suitable to parents and to older children. It does not particularly have anything that would be bad (strong language, sex, violence) for younger children so far as we noticed, but my son thinks children much younger than he is would probably just not understand it and thus be bored by it.  He is 11.5 and we think children his age old or older could understand and appreciate it.  It might be available to stream, or to buy a DVD, at http://www.TakeBackYourPower.net

eta: he requested that I bump it up and make my review better, so I am trying to do that.

It is about public endangerment in terms of health, and about government and corporate intrusion and surveillance into our lives and homes--things that in the USA are supposed to be unconstitutional, but this is actually about a global situation and the film maker is from Canada, so it is not just about USA issues. It is  about totalitarianism via the "Smart" Grid, and "Smart" Meters, and about cell towers, and their problems and related matters in a movie that is a little hard to describe, but has important information and is also well done. 

a quote from jacket:

"What you discover will surprise you, unsettle you, and inspire you to challenge the status quo."

• 2 weeks later...

This whole topic just freaks me out.  I really like technology.  My dh is a technology guy. At one time, I worked for a venture capital firm that was a driving force in the Silicon Valley technology boom.  Still, the ability of a government to know pretty much everything about me if they want to, does make me very unsettled.  On one hand, I would like to bury my head in the sand and try and tell myself it is not as bad as I fear it is.  On the other hand, I have always been one who has a "need to know".

Thank your son for me for having you send this info.  I am sure I will continue to think about this until I go and see if I can find it streaming somewhere. Curiosity will get the better of me  :001_smile: .

He's already in bed now, but I think he will be very excited tomorrow to learn that people replied!

I'd like to add that I have found it interesting along with James Burke's Connections series which we have been re-watching also. Several of the Connections episodes touch on similar topics and there is a certain flow from where things were then (power grid, info embedded in credit cards, computers, etc.) to now, that I think has added a lot, each to the other in terms of understanding and bringing topics up to more current times.

I second the recommendation to watch this very important film.  "Smart" utility meters are being installed on most homes and businesses in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand.  Most people don't even know they have one on their home.  They transmit with very powerful microwave bursts of energy non-stop around the clock.  Have you noticed your ears ringing, dizziness, headaches, nosebleeds, body cramps, insomnia, etc.  The list of health ailments brought on by these meters is disturbing.  Yes, please take the time to watch this movie.

I second the recommendation to watch this very important film.  "Smart" utility meters are being installed on most homes and businesses in the U.S., Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand.  Most people don't even know they have one on their home.  They transmit with very powerful microwave bursts of energy non-stop around the clock.  Have you noticed your ears ringing, dizziness, headaches, nosebleeds, body cramps, insomnia, etc.  The list of health ailments brought on by these meters is disturbing.  Yes, please take the time to watch this movie.

We are having those problems! My ds has been having muscle cramps and ears ringing and sometime headaches, and until your post I did not realize it could be from the meter. I have been having headaches, cramps and insomnia.  And I think like one of the people they showed in the film, I was duped into thinking our meter would not be doing the non-stop microwave bursts (it was supposed to send info back on the electric wires, not by wireless, and just once or twice per day) but it is doing the bursts of EMF radiation, once every second or so. I need to get a new wireless detector to be sure, but I am pretty sure.

How can I get rid of it?