Menu

The day/weekend after Xmas sales

Murphy101

Who else is more excited about these than the shopping for Christmas?

My fav yarn store is having a big sale.

My dh's fav place to buy his home brewing stuff from is also having a sale.

We almost never buy each other Xmas presents but we might go do these bc they are such good deals.

One of my good friends was telling me at brunch today that she, her mom, her daughter and her sil and niece all get together and and shop til they drop the day after Christmas sales. They don't do the Black Friday camp out shopping thing, but a few years ago the entire family decided not to do Christmas presents except for little ones anymore. Instead, everyone gets double for their money, gets exactly what they want, and spends a great time together doing it. I thought that was a grand idea! There's stuff people need that's only on sale this time of year. My friend is hoping to score a great deal on a dishwasher. lol

Anyone else?

Me, but only because we're holding an online sale at Dirty Pig and I'm hoping to squeeze enough out of the rest of the month to take us through what will likely be a very slow January.

Googled "Dirty Pig" to take a look at your store. The top choice was "Nasty Pig," which is decidedly different.  :eek:

Finally just went through your blog link. Best wishes on a successful sale!

Erica in OR

The sale will start boxing day. it's www.dirtypigbathbeauty.com. I make everything from scratch. The creams are super popular. Free gift with every purchase all the time. We usually get things to the post office within a day or two of getting an order and I have yet to have anything take longer than a week to get delivered.

We had an epically bad year and Dirty Pig has been the one bright shining light keeping us going.

The sale will start boxing day. it's www.dirtypigbathbeauty.com. I make everything from scratch. The creams are super popular. Free gift with every purchase all the time. We usually get things to the post office within a day or two of getting an order and I have yet to have anything take longer than a week to get delivered.

We had an epically bad year and Dirty Pig has been the one bright shining light keeping us going.

Ooh!! I love Boxing Day sales and love supporting Canadian businesses - I may just get myself a lil somethin'

Dd and I shop after Christmas sales- this year it'll have to wait until Friday, but we LOVE those sales. Lots of good bargains. Last year she coveted a knit poncho at American Eagle but no way was I going to pay $50 for it We got it the day after Christmas for $5 and she has worn that thing a zillion times!   

We make a list of things we're looking for so we don't get off track and buy things just because they're on sale. 

And I hit my favorite quilt store the week after Christmas because they have a HUGE sale. 

I like going after Christmas (not super early) especially bookstores like B&N. They have tables of 50-90% off of books, tid bits, and children's stuff on sale each year around the area I live even on lego kits. Since we have a membership I can get close to 75%+ on most things on sale so I really stock up especially for my DH side of the family we have to give to great nieces/nephews. 

I like to going to craft stores too especially when items are 75%+ off. I am not into mall shopping. But this year I may go to an electronic discount store to get a tablet for my oldest. His sister own one this past summer from the lib. & my youngest uses my old kindle for starfall and such occasionally. So that leaves my oldest with nothing and it would be nice if they could all play at the same time, even for 30 mins it's a nice break and lots of educational/review apps. 

I skipped Black Friday ( I did go out on Thanksgiving just to be with my DH and talk since stores were open but we brought nothing) and probably will cont. The sales were not that great in my area and I am not a huge online shopper I still like to see things in person. 

My birthday is the day after Christmas.  I go have coffee with my friends, then spend a few hours shopping the after Christmas sales.  Sometimes I get good deals and spend a bit of my Christmas/birthday money, other years I come home with nothing at all but had fun regardless.  My teen, who generally hates to shop, comes with me and we enjoy the time together.  A pretty cool birthday IMO.  Now if I could just stop the years from adding up, I'd be all set!