Menu

I need a gift for a 9 yo girl I've never met, help!

SJ.

My brother married this past summer and now has a 9yo step daughter.  I'd like to send her a Christmas gift but I have no idea what she likes.  I tried to ask my brother what she is into and what she wants for Christmas.  He responded "I don't know."  Ack!  

What do 9yo girls like?  Preferably $20 or under.

My 8 year old dd loves:

Barbies

Horses

nail polish

Fairies

American Girl Stuff

Reading

Peter Pan

Rainbows

Craft Kits

Legos

Polly Pockets

Oh Jewelry and hair things are always a hit too.

Maybe one of those Rainbow looms from Michaels. I think they are under 20. Or even a gift card.

If she has a Justice store close to where she lives, I'd get a Justice gift card.   Any 9 year old can find something there she loves!

The Rainbow Loom is another hot item - it's on my 9 year old's wish list.   It's $17 at Michael's.    If she already has a Rainbow Loom, you can get a neat case to hold all of the rubber bands and the loom itself for about $12-13 at Michael's.

Another vote for Rainbow Loom or the rubberbands, I would ask if she has a loom.

Even if she already has one, there are some really neat bracelets that can only be made with two (some even more) looms. A second loom wouldn't be the worst thing. ;)

Ask me how I know. Ack. OTOH, don't. Lol. I don't want to go there right now. ;)

(We have two looms and the kids have made a ton of bracelets that require multiple looms- they turn out very nice)