Menu

Anyone ever...

TraciWA

Not me, but the lady I work for was.  Her dh had had a double hernia surgery and the doctor told them that he was probably not going to be able to father any more children because of some surgery complications.  Fast forward about 8 years, to a couple weeks after her own daughter announced she was pregnant.  She had to tell her daughter that she was too.  Her grandson was born a couple weeks before her own, lol.

My grandmother did! She had given up on getting pregnant, and they were finally able to adopt two kids. The sibling pair had just come home when she noticed her stomach was hard and growing, which she thought was a tumor. Nope, just my mom! :)

Hope everything goes smoothly!

Close. 40 when I found out, 41 when she was born... 10.5 months after our (adopted) twins' birth.

I was a nervous wreck about the risks of "advanced maternal age," but my doc was great about speaking in terms of healthy baby statistics rather than the problem figures (e.g. 90% chance of everything being fine, instead of 10% incidence of whatever issue) and we had some good long talks about testing and such.

Yay! We told our kids last year on Christmas. Not quite 42 but late thirties. ;) We wrapped a gift for the baby without a tag on it and left it under the tree. After we'd opened all the gifts we all wondered aloud who that last gift could be for! It was great fun.

What a great idea!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Not pregnant, but I was 45 when my youngest was born.  I had five biological babies in my 20's, took my 30's "off"  and adopted five when I was in my 40's.  So, I guess I was 47 when the youngest came home.  When I put it in writing, it sounds crazy even to me. 

Congratulations!

Not me, but my cousin thought she was going through menopause at 41 and it turned out she was pregnant. I also have an aunt who had a baby in her early 40's because she remarried and she and her new husband wanted a child together. She had had her tubes tied so had that reversed then they tried and tried for a long time before deciding to adopt. Just when they found out the baby they were to adopt was born, she found out she was pregnant so they had two babies at once.

Another one who was close--39, nearly 40 when youngest was born. My first doc was very encouraging--we moved halfway through my pregnancy. He said his mom was my age when she gave birth to him. And he was well into his 60's. 39yo might have been considered "old" then but wasn't anymore. So, since I was in pretty good health he didn't see my age being an issue.

Congrats to you and your family!