Menu

Christmas Gifts for 8 year old boy AND/OR 10 year old girl?

Michelle My Bell

Snap circuits, microscope and slides, teenage mutant ninja turtle figures, marble chase, these brick things found at craft store that look like rock or brick but really lightweight for building projects, drawing supplies and subscription to mark kisler online lessons...basketball, bikes, glow in the dark frisbees

Eta my kids aren't all the exact age you were asking but all of the above is loved by all. My daughters asked for baking gear, too!

• Like 2

10 yo girl:

Rainbow Loom (big set with extra bands and storage case)

B&BW sugar scrub

2 gymnast biographies on Kindle

Stocking:

Gymnastics socks

Earrings

Ear buds

Spa mask

Sleep mask

Mood necklace

Face brush

Face care items - wipes, scrub, wash

Despicable Me 2

Scentportable for locker w/refill

Hand sanitizer

From sister:  Monster High Lagoona Blue  doll

From Grandma (hopefully) Nerf Rebelle bow

From great-aunt: Origami Owl necklace with gymnastics & reading charms

My soon-to-be 10 year old daughter is getting:

Rainbow loom with organizer and bands

Sterling silver necklace with her initial on a disc pendant

Fuzzy socks

New head phones

New slippers

New outfit from Justice (this is a big deal, because I rarely buy stuff from that place)

Perfume and lotion minis from Sephora

Chocolate

Other stocking stuff I can't recall

The one that just turned 11 is much more eclectic and is getting some weird stuff that no other 11 year old girl would probably like!

I happen to have an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl! He is getting lots and lots of legos, the snap circuits deluxe rover, books, pajamas, and juggling balls. She is getting an AG doll and dvd, legos, a spa science kit, books, a robe, and some craft supplies. They are also getting things to share: a marble run, a rock tumbler, some new games, and yet more books.

I happen to have an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl! He is getting lots and lots of legos, the snap circuits deluxe rover, books, pajamas, and juggling balls. She is getting an AG doll and dvd, legos, a spa science kit, books, a robe, and some craft supplies. They are also getting things to share: a marble run, a rock tumbler, some new games, and yet more books.

You have some great ideas! Can you post some links do I know exactly what you are getting?

Our 7 year old boy is getting a few Lego Star Wars sets from us and Disney Infinity characters, and the Disney Infinity starter set from grandparents as his big gifts.

Small things for ds include angry birds stuff, books, mystery bags (lego, angry birds, and disney infinity...because he loves opening them), and two ds lite games.

Our 11 year old daughter is getting an American Girl doll, extra outfit, dvd and books from us, and a karaoke machine from grandparents as her big gifts.

Small things for dd include an itunes card, earbuds, a gym bag for basketball, jewelry, and a ds lite game.

My 8yo boy is getting Legos, a couple more TinTin books (he collects the series), the one book in the Boys of Wartime series by Laurie Calkhoven that our library doesn't have, and I'm not sure what else, possibly a Transformer. There are a lot of collective gifts this year that are going to all of the children -- some games, some DVDs (Hobbit extended version is one), a big SnapCircuits set. DH is considering one of those build-your-own-engine kits for them too, possibly for DS1's birthday (he turns 9 a few weeks after Christmas). Board games and origami kits have been big hits in the past.

Same ages here! Wanna come play? ;)

Boy, 8:

Spy glasses

Remote control helicopter

Snap Circuits

Wooden baseball bat

Girl, 10:

Microscope

Set of Pseudonymous Bosch books

Crafty kit of some sort (maybe Klutz clay figures?)

Spirograph

To share:

Forbidden Island game

Labyrinth game

And um whatever else is in the amazon box pile that is taking over my closet...

Ok, the snap circuits set is this one, but I got it for $30 from National Geographic over the summer, and they don't appear to carry it any more.  I also got the rock tumbler from them for a steal. The marble run is this one, and these are the juggling balls. The craft stuff for dd is just small things I have picked up over the year for her sewing and weaving, plus a velvet poster kit that Mindware doesn't seem to carry now. This American Girl dvd is the one I got dd. This is her Hello Kitty robe and bath set. Ds got this Captain America bath set. They collect Schleich figures. but the price has gone way up on the one I got ds. Dd got this one. Amazon is out of the spa kit, but this is the one I got. The games we got are Forbidden Island and Zeus on the Loose. Hope that helps!

• 2 years later...