Menu

Board Games for the 7-9 year old set..

moonlight

Looking for some ideas to balance out the many many ideas I have for older DS.

My middle DS, who is 7, needs simpler games that won't be too over his head.

We have a lot of games already, but want new ones for him. I am already getting him a Dungeons and Dragons game for younger kids, Scattegories, Spot It party game, and Wizard card game.

We have Blokus, Apples to Apples, Ticket to Ride, Monopoly, Sorry, that I can think of right away that he can play.

Thanks!

I was coming here to recommend this game. All my kids love it. We also have this one and it is very popular with my 7yo:

Magic Labyrinth:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003RDJYMM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1386868386&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL60

I don't think that is the best price you can find it but it's the quickest link I could find on my iPad.

I was coming here to recommend this game. All my kids love it. We also have this one and it is very popular with my 7yo:

Magic Labyrinth:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003RDJYMM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1386868386&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL60

I don't think that is the best price you can find it but it's the quickest link I could find on my iPad.

We love labyrinth! Is magic labyrinth similar?

Games by simply fun have been a huge hit here... Diggers garden match and mirror mansion and the all time favorites.

We love labyrinth! Is magic labyrinth similar?

Games by simply fun have been a huge hit here... Diggers garden match and mirror mansion and the all time favorites.

I haven't played both- my dh plays Labyrinth with the kids. This is what my kids say:

-somewhat similar but very different

-Labyrinth is more of a strategy game while Magic

Labyrinth relies more on your memory and luck

-Magic labyrinth is more for younger set - not overly young, 8/9 and younger. My 12yo prefers labyrinth but likes both

My four are torn as to which is their favorite. The vote is spilt. I think it's worth owning both. :)