Menu

Crock Pot appetizer that is not meatballs, but as easy as meatballs?

DawnM

Suggestions?

Pot Luck party…..we always seem to have at least two people bringing meatballs, so I don't want to bring that.

I need something almost as easy, as in, dump in and walk away…….

And something that doesn't need a bowl, as we typically only have plates at these events.

Thanks!

The easiest thing I've ever taken in a crock-pot is a bag of chicken wings from Sam's Club.  They have a few varieties to choose from- BBQ, Lime&Garlic and something else I think.

Otherwise the Little Smokies are always a hit. The last time I made them I splurged on the all-natural, no preservative ones and they were delicious! More sausage like than hot dog like.

That is one of my favorites too.  I particularly like it with the cheese melted on top and browned, which the crock pot won't do.

I have taken that dish several times to this particular group, but I find that the kids take large amounts and then taste it and don't want it because it is spicy, so a lot gets wasted.

It is far too expensive to waste!

And I label it as "spicy hot" too.

UGH.

Dawn

I like to fix the buffalo shredded chicken dish in the crockpot. I love that stuff.

Velveeta and Rotel dip.

16 oz Velveeta ( there are some that are spicier if you like it hotter)

12 oz can Rotel with Green chilis. ( you can also use your favorite salsa)

Add 1# of sausauge or ground beef  if you have time to cook it but it's optional.  ( You can prep that days in advance and just have it ready in your fridge)

Cube the velveeta and dump it all in. Takes at least an hour on high to heat thru. Some recipes say 2 hours, but that probably depends on how hot your crock pot cooks on high.

This one is always a big hit

Bean Dip with Sausage

Fry a pound of bulk sausage, a clove of garlic, and an onion until brown. Add a can of chopped green chilis, 1 can of rotelle tomatoes (pour off some of the liquid). Salt and pepper to taste. Add 3 or 4 cans of refried beans. Stir and heat through. Add ½ pound of cheddar cheese and ½ pound of jack cheese. Stir and heat till cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.