Menu

Denim success!

Jackie

I know I've taken part in multiple threads here about finding great jeans, so I wanted to post my success story! I am a hard-to-fit spoon shape (similar to pear shape) with a waist a size smaller to my hips despite carrying my extra weight in my tummy.

Today I went to The Buckle. I've wandered in before a couple times, always muttered a "no thanks, I'm good just browsing" and then wandered out being overwhelmed. On many recommendations, I wandered in during a slow time today. The (half my age) salesperson came up to me and I told her I wanted one pair of good fitting, not-mom-jeans. She asked if I preferred glittery or more plain styles and I tried to contain my snorting, over-the-top laughter as I explained I was a *little* past the age for bedazzling and would prefer a darker wash non-glittery style. Upon further questioning, I also vetoed skinny jeans. Mid-rise, please.

She then ushered me to the dressing room with a couple pairs and as I gave feedback or stepped out of the room so she could see the issues or successes, kept pairs coming for about 20-30 minutes. Size up, size down, different fit, different wash. I told her that one pair was perfect but my short self would just have to have them hemmed and then she tells me they do free alterations! What!?! Why do they not heavily advertise this stuff!?!

Anyway, I set aside $150 and 90 minutes to get myself one awesome pair of super-splurgey jeans. Instead I spent 30-40 minutes and $160 to get myself two completely awesome pairs of jeans!

I am a hard-to-fit spoon shape (similar to pear shape) with a waist a size smaller to my hips despite carrying my extra weight in my tummy.

That's my shape - I didn't know it had a name.

Congratulations on your success! Last winter, after a couple of traumatic in-store experiences I went online and read up about different jeans styles, then I ordered two pairs that sounded right from Marks and Spencer in the UK (free shipping to Australia). You'll understand my delight when they both fit beautifully, AND I didn't have to look at myself in the awful lighting of a changing room while choosing them. They're both too long, though. Last winter I just ironed the excess length up inside the legs, but next year I'll get them hemmed. One problem at a time!

I love The Buckle.

That's where I got my (bedazzled) jeans that were my faves. No saggy/poopy pants after wearing all day.

Now, I've lost weight. My jeans get saggy. :(

Not going to get new ones until my body is done changing, though. They still work with a belt.

If I manage to get in better shape, I might decide I don't mind some bling on my backside ;-) For now, though, I'm just thrilled that the jeans fit well enough to create an illusion I'm more in shape than I am.

That is great!  Good for you.

I've never heard of that store. I know we don't have one, but maybe there is one in a nearby bigger city.

It's a fairly common store in medium-to-large shopping malls in the U.S.