Menu

What was the very first movie you remember seeing on the big screen?

creekland

I'm in need of a distraction - otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time.  ;)

So... what was the very first movie you remember seeing in a theater on a big screen?  It doesn't matter if it actually WAS the first movie - just right now - with the brain neurons that are currently working - what's the first one that comes to mind?

No "reason" for asking (does there have to be one?).  I'm just curious - and thought "memory lane" could be fun.

For me... it was Bambi (Disney).  I don't recall being upset at Bambi's mother's death.  I just recall being wowed by the big pic and the whole experience.  I think I was around 4 or 5 years of age and we had to travel to the next town over to see it.  There were quite a few people there.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember it, but the first movie I ever saw was Star Wars (the original), because my parents couldn't get a sitter.  I was 4, and sat in my dad's lap.  They said I liked it.

The first movie I remember seeing in the theater was The Aristocats.  Actually, it was the first movie I saw after Star Wars.  My cousin (who is much older than I am) took me to see it.

Care Bears. Lol I remember being so scared I ran out of the theatre. That evil face in the front of the book. *shudder*. And to think I begged and begged to go to see that movie.

Second movie I remember seeing is the Black Cauldron. That wasn't any less scary for me. Lol

Apparently I was a wimpy kid.

Care Bears. Lol I remember being so scared I ran out of the theatre. That evil face in the front of the book. *shudder*. And to think I begged and begged to go to see that movie.

Second movie I remember seeing is the Black Cauldron. That wasn't any less scary for me. Lol

Apparently I was a wimpy kid.

Care Bears was mine too, lol. I kept getting folded up in the chair.

Cinderella, I think...  I'm really not sure.  I remember there was a summer day camp when I was really little - probably 4 yo? - and we went to see a movie every week and I feel like that may have been my first ones and I know we saw Cinderella.

Years later, but the movie I remember most clearly in the theater was Goonies.  My mother worked part time at a car dealership as their PR person one summer.  She would give me a couple of dollars to go see the matinee at the theater that was behind the car lot.  I saw Goonies probably a dozen times.  Sometimes with the daughter of the owner of the car dealership, who was a friend, but usually by myself.

Star Wars for me. There are a lot of us!

I was four and fell asleep in the middle. To be honest, I have never been able to watch any of the Star Wars movies all the way through without falling asleep or at least daydreaming awhile. My ds picked Empire Strikes Back for family movie night tonight and I had to go grab my laptop a little while ago. This movie could have been 40 minutes long and told the whole story just as well. The only good part is mocking the cheesy dialogue.

ETA: "It's a trap!" Whoops, we're watching Return of the Jedi, not Empire Strikes Back. My head hangs in shame.