Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KarenNC

How long will homemade chex mix stay good?

Normally we don't have it around long enough to find out, but I'm hoping it will last this week. On Wednesday evening, I made a triple batch and sealed it up in my Tupperware cake carrier so that my daughter could have it to take to a co-op Christmas party on Friday evening. Unfortunately, she came down with a bad cold and couldn't go, so now we have a ton of chex mix and we don't need to eat all of it. My next thought was to take it to a potluck party tomorrow afternoon (so Sunday), but now that's been canceled. We have a homeschool group party on Friday afternoon of this week. If we (by which I mean my husband) can stay out of it ;) , should it still be good? It will have been a week and 2 days. I made it with corn and rice chex, cheezits, some pretzels, and peanuts.

It stays good for a long time. I need to make some and I will as soon as I can get out of my house. My aunt always made hers with Cheetos.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin