Menu

Is De Icer spray for your car safe?

Jean in Newcastle

I went to the auto parts store.  I started to pick up a Preston spray can and the girl said, "Oh, I know of something much much better!"  She got me Rain-X De-Icer Windshield Wiper fluid.  Then she offered to come out and put it in my car.  She said that then I can spray the windshield washer and use my windshield wipers and it will be all clean - plus rain etc. will just bead on the windshield.  

When I lived in the Midwest, I would just take a sheet and put it over the windshield.  Catch the ends in the doors and pull tight.  Just peel the sheet back when you go to get in the car....so much easier than getting the ice off.  Also helps when the doors freeze shut.  For getting ice off...rubbing alcohol works just as well as the store bought stuff.  Put some in a spray bottle and spray on.

I went to the auto parts store.  I started to pick up a Preston spray can and the girl said, "Oh, I know of something much much better!"  She got me Rain-X De-Icer Windshield Wiper fluid.  Then she offered to come out and put it in my car.  She said that then I can spray the windshield washer and use my windshield wipers and it will be all clean - plus rain etc. will just bead on the windshield.  

I use this religiously all winter. 

But in a pinch, vinegar and water in a spray bottle works good too (especially when your locks freeze).