Menu

hot flash suggestions

HollyDay

I came off estrogen the end of July.  No problems.  I came off progesterone 22 days ago.  No real problems, but the hot flashes are increasing.  The ones at night are the most annoying.  They aren't full blown night sweats, just run of the mill hot flashes.  It is 22 degrees outside, so I'm not going to complain about the daytime hot flashes too much.  But, any suggestions for the night ones?  Doc said I could go back on the progesterone if I felt I needed to do that.  And, if I start having migraines or crazy cycles again, I'll do that right away.  But, I don't want to go back on prescription progesterone for a few hot flashes.  Has anyone used a suppliment or herbal that has helped?

I am completely off caffeine by the way.....

I've been taking Remifimen (standardized black cohosh supplement) for several weeks and it really seems to help.  My problem wasn't hot flashes, it was more like being slightly uncomfortably hot almost all the time.  I did have weird headaches the first week or so of taking Remifimen, but they've stopped.  One caveat:  Our weather has definitely turned cooler since I first started taking it, so it's possible that's responsible for some of the improvement I perceive.