Menu

date night has been canceled :-(

athomeontheprairie

My dh and I seldom get to go out. finding a babysitter is hard, and quite honestly very costly. His Mom was going to watch the 3 oldest tonight. my mom can't watch 3 kids at once ( she's quite a bit older than his mom). And his Mom left me standing on the doorstep once when i tried to bring one daughter over (when she extended the invite!) Because the sister was sick (i have never been so angry and hurt before! )

last night my DD 6 got sick. not that I'm jumping at the chance to leave her while she is sick, if it was any other date I wouldn't leave. But tonight is his company Christmas party, then we were going into the city to see catching fire and finish Christmas shopping. it has been months since we've gone out. and I haven't had a break since our baby was born 3 months ago. I needed to be able to go.

but, dd6 IS sick. And so I'm not going. I am so bummed. Sometimes parenting isn't all it's cracked up to be :-(

Edited: for anyone who read my other post, my mom takes one kid once a month for a date night last night was dd6 turn. she got sick at my Mom's, and is on her way home to me now.

It sucks. BTDT. I have a MIL that "says" she'll babysit if we give her notice. But then you call and ask and she has plans for the next unforeseeable future. So, you decide to go not kid free. The next time you think, man, I could use a babysitter, you call MIL again and she remembers the last time you ASKED for her to babysit as if she DID babysit... Its quite annoying grrrrr. You got my feathers ruffled again.

I know it's not the same as going together for a date night, but, since it's the company Christmas party tonight and presumably he has to attend, can your husband stay home tomorrow while you go out Christmas shopping and have some down time, maybe meet a friend for lunch? Sometimes one at a time is the best one can do when the kids are small.

I'm so sorry. I wish I knew you IRL - I'd come watch your babies. Oh, please make a date night at home. Put the sickies to bed early and watch a movie with DH. Get take out or have special snacks.

Not sure if you're a church person but AWANA has been a Lifesaver for us. We drop the kids and go out. It's not a lot but its such a blessing. And - its free. Please look for something that's available for you to get a break and time with your DH - it's worth the effort.