Menu

Tendinitis. Did you fix yours?

KungFuPanda

I recovered from tendinitis in my knees. It was horribly painful when standing or getting up in the morning but would go away as I warmed up and started exercising. I had it for almost a year and the only thing that made it better was a forced 2 month break from exercise due to unexpected travel after my uncle died. Losing some weight helped keep it from coming back when I resumed exercise but that wouldn't apply to an elbow. 

I currently have it in one of my achilles tendons and it became more manageable after my chiropractor made some adjustments in my foot. It still hurts but not as bad.

I had horrendous tendentious in my shoulder.  from my wrist all the way to the bottom of my shoulder blade excruciating pain.  I did six - eight weeks of PT, ice, ibuprophen, etc.  it helped, but wasn't 100% and I still had to pay attention I didn't do anything to retrigger it all.  

later I went to a chiropractor that also does extremities.  I learned it starts in the neck, then onto the shoulder and every other joint on down.  never had a problem since.  my daughter popped a bone in her wrist (there are lots), not carpel tunnel, but a different one.  she couldn't use it at all, and hadn't been able to for the three weeks prior to spring break. (despite PT and anti-inflammatories, etc.) she came home for spring break, he adjusted her neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist and did so each day that week.  she had probably 95% return of function before she flew out.

so yes, it can get all better.

I seem to be prone to tendon inflammation issues in various places.  In addition to all of the usual methods mentioned already, I also look for trigger points.  I can't ever get completely rid of the pain without working out the trigger points.  My most recent experience was with my elbow.  I didn't even know I had knots in my forearm and upper arm until I went looking for them.  Ouch!  Working them out with a hard rubber ball over a period of time has completely gotten rid of the elbow pain that had plagued me for a couple of months.  (I've had the same results w/ plantar fasciitis.  Trigger points in the soleus muscle.)