Menu

I'm supposed to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl today

Kathryn

Why am I so nervous? I would be happy either way (although a girl would be much more expensive because we still have EVERYTHING besides the car seat). My 4yo really wants a sister though. I AM nervous that the baby will be modest because the boys have literally been counting down the days and are so excited to find out. Wish me luck!

How exciting!  Drink something with caffeine before you go so the baby will wiggle.  If it's a girl, you won't have to spend too much on clothes.  You will be amazed at how many more clothes a baby girl is given than a baby boy. Apparently everyone loves buying pink outfits with matching sweater, tiny shoes, headbands, etc.  :lol:

Make sure you update when you find out.

How exciting!  Drink something with caffeine before you go so the baby will wiggle.  If it's a girl, you won't have to spend too much on clothes.  You will be amazed at how many more clothes a baby girl is given than a baby boy. Apparently everyone loves buying pink outfits with matching sweater, tiny shoes, headbands, etc.  :lol:

Make sure you update when you find out.

I had a boy then a girl. I used the same everything and sort of transitioned over to buying girl clothes regularly over time. She still wore a bunch of her brother's sleepers, onesies, etc. And I was never a fan of the pink car seats, etc. They get dirty looking faster. I got everything pretty dark. We got a ridiculous amount of girly stuff when she was born and it is fun to have a few dress up outfits. But not for every minute of every day when they're so little.

Congratulations and good luck! :)

Yes, I'll update! My appointment is at 3 (Eastern), but with it being late in the day, it'll probably be quite a while before I am actually seen.

My husband will absolutely spoil a girl with pink and dresses. The spare bedroom, which was DS4's before the boys moved in together, is already a very "girly" purple because that's what DS8 picked and we let him choose. But, DH is already planning on repainting the room pink if it's a girl. While the boys love their dad, they are most definitely "mama's boys" and DH has always dreamed of having a little one so attached to him as his sister was to his dad.

So exciting!!! I get to find out about mine on Friday! I second the caffeine suggestion. My last one was being modest and she was apparently asleep and would. Not. Move. I probably cried for week afterwards. I got very lucky though, a friend of a friend taught ultrasound techs at a college not too far away. They gave me an ultrasound for free. It was even 3D! All I had to do was lay there while several techs-in-training identified organs and such. Anyway, I will be drinking a Mountain Dew on my way to the doc on Friday. Good luck! Can't wait to see the update!

Oh yeah, I'm definitely having DH pick up some Mountain Dew for me on his way there (he's meeting me there). DS4 wasn't cooperating and they actually gave me a MD to drink, but my doctor's practice just merged with another one, so I have no idea if the tech I get today would be that accommodating.

Thank you! The Mountain Dew definitely worked. She was moving so much, the tech had a hard time getting a clear shot at first.

On my way to drop off my boys at their godmother's house, DS4 said "I hope it'll be a girl, so I'll be happy, happy, happy!" He is very excited.

Thank you! The Mountain Dew definitely worked. She was moving so much, the tech had a hard time getting a clear shot at first.

On my way to drop off my boys at their godmother's house, DS4 said "I hope it'll be a girl, so I'll be happy, happy, happy!" He is very excited.

Glad the Mountain Dew worked. How exactly did you time it? An hour before? I'm worried about drinking it too early and missing the moving around or too late and having it not kick in yet?!?

Glad the Mountain Dew worked. How exactly did you time it? An hour before? I'm worried about drinking it too early and missing the moving around or too late and having it not kick in yet?!?

I was trying for 30 minutes, but it ended up being about 15 minutes.