Menu

IEW is having a 50% off sale on their clearance items!

edeemarie

If you use the code CYBER13, you can get 50% off the items in their clearance section! You still have to pay for shipping (mine was $4.75 I believe), but it is still a great deal!

I paid $36 total (plus shipping) for the Poetry Memorization book (not the CDs), Timeline of the Classics, and the teacher/ student books for the US History, part 1.

They will be updating their inventory every morning around 9am central time.

Just thought maybe someone might be interested in a good deal:)

Just keep in mind that most of the clearance items are being "significantly revised" in March 2014. The only one on clearance that is not is Medieval. That might affect some decisions about whether or not to purchase and is the reason most items were placed on clearance in the first place.

I can't find any information about changes to IEW. When you write "significantly revised", what does that entail? I want to buy the combo package but necessarily need it until after July. Of course, I love curriculum and am ecstatic to start using IEW and would love to get it now.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Oh, man. I had to get a few things. They were things I was planning on purchasing anyway, so why not? LOL I saw their Facebook message yesterday afternoon, but ignored it because I didn't think that anything I would want would be in the clearance section. I was wrong. So psyched right now. ;)

I got Windows to the World & Elegant Essay on the cheap 1st thing Monday morning. I was tempted by a bunch of other stuff, but ended up deleting them from my cart before checking out. Not much left (vs. what was there last week before the sale) that I was tempted by. From what I saw, neither of those were going to be revised.  :coolgleamA:

I can't find any information about changes to IEW. When you write "significantly revised", what does that entail? I want to buy the combo package but necessarily need it until after July. Of course, I love curriculum and am ecstatic to start using IEW and would love to get it now.

I don't know. IEW just sent out an email saying that these items would be significantly revised and that is why they were being clearanced out. Personally, I'm going to hold out for the revised editions, even just for resale value.

My understanding is that they are reordering the units, adding material on styles, and redoing some of the assignments with different passages.  When IEW revises, it is a big revision. The old versions are perfectly fine, but if you try to teach a class with mixed editions, it won't work!  I've been there, done that...

My understanding is that they are reordering the units, adding material on styles, and redoing some of the assignments with different passages.  When IEW revises, it is a big revision. The old versions are perfectly fine, but if you try to teach a class with mixed editions, it won't work!  I've been there, done that...

Nothing like the first day of a class, giving an assignment and your students giving you a blank face because your assignments do not match up. :lol:

Not all items in the clearance section are "soon to be out dated items" some are scratch and dent too.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone or everyone gotten their orders? I haven't even seen anything saying its shipped. :(

Did you get charged for what you ordered? I know they said with limited stock they would do all they could to fill the orders but may not be able to fill every one. I would call them...we received ours early last week.

I had an email almost right away saying my order went through (and there were e-books or e-audio to download to go along with some of the products). It shipped the next day and I had my order within a week.

Definitely call them. If you put it in your cart but it was 'gone' by the time the order went through, they may not have been able to fulfill it.

Jg_puppy and I had the same problem so I thought I'd post the results.

I emailed IEW and they said some of the orders from the clearance sale "went invisible" - they found it, everything was still there (or they pulled it from the regular stuff anyway) and they're sending it now priority.

If anyone else hasn't gotten their order, better call or email!

Nicole