Menu

LFC-A Anyone willing to share thier schedule?

ThriceBlessed

I'm getting ready to start my ds (3rd grade) next week with Latin For Children, Primer A. I have the DVD's, books and such and plan to use them (DVD)for the bulk of teaching. I would love to see how others have scheduled this out. Did you do 4 days or 5? What did you do (specifically) on each day?

I am a "whole to parts" kind of gal, and I am just trying to wrap my brain around how to teach this.

Thanks!

Well, it is what I think I remember us doing, at least. :tongue_smilie:It has been a little while since I've had a child using LfC A.

Day 1: Watch DVD lesson

Day 2: Read lesson; Worksheets

Day 3: Worksheets

Day 4: Pre-Quiz

We also did 5-10 minutes of vocabulary chants daily.

HTH

just to check if they can keep it strong over the weekend. We do the lesson Monday and if you use the activity book that leaves you a workbook page Mon-Thurs and prequiz Friday. We chant daily to make sure it is solid and we chant the grammar. (I use Latina Christiana's Blue Wall charts for our grammar chanting and just chant whatever we are learning in LfC A.)

We're getting ready to start LFC-A with my 4th grader next week. I made my weekly schedule based on old posts I found on this board and some information from the website. The basic plan is:

Day 1 - Go over the maxim, chant, and vocabulary in the primer. Discuss derivatives. Watch the DVD lesson. Make flashcards.

Day 2 - Review the maxim, chant, and vocabulary. Go over the grammar pages in the Primer and complete the worksheet page. Complete one page in the activity book.

Day 3 - Review maxim, chant, vocabulary, and grammar as needed. Complete a free parsing or translation exercise if available. Complete the remaining two activity book pages.

Day 4 - Review and complete quiz in primer.

Day 5 - Test

You can see our first 5 weeks of scheduled lessons on my blog by following the link.

We're getting ready to start LFC-A with my 4th grader next week. I made my weekly schedule based on old posts I found on this board and some information from the website. The basic plan is:

Day 1 - Go over the maxim, chant, and vocabulary in the primer. Discuss derivatives. Watch the DVD lesson. Make flashcards.

Day 2 - Review the maxim, chant, and vocabulary. Go over the grammar pages in the Primer and complete the worksheet page. Complete one page in the activity book.

Day 3 - Review maxim, chant, vocabulary, and grammar as needed. Complete a free parsing or translation exercise if available. Complete the remaining two activity book pages.

Day 4 - Review and complete quiz in primer.

Day 5 - Test

You can see our first 5 weeks of scheduled lessons on my blog by following the link.

:party::hurray:

Deanna,

THANK You!

This is perfect and makes total sense to me. I printed out your 5 week schedule from you blog to get me going. I like the idea of creating tests for Fridays so that, in essence, Latin is done on a 4 day/week schedule which works better for us.

Blessings,