Menu

What Craft/Hobby Thing are you doing? week 17

PrincessMommy

Thanksgiving is behind us but now it's December already!  Yikes.  I'm not making too many gifts for Christmas.  On the loom I have a warp for 6 kitchen towels/placemats.  My plan is to give away 4 and keep 2.  I'm hoping to make soap today.  I have a bunch in my stash, but will give some of that away for Christmas gifts to teachers/tutors. 

What is everyone else up to?

Today I was reorganziing my sewing room and I got a phone call that my new Serger was in!  DH bought it for me last week for Christmas.  he tried to buy one several years ago and it was a disaster.  Not his fault in any way.  It just didn't work for me.  So this time he took me shopping.

My next project is twin sized rag quilts for my grandson, but I won't need the serger! 

Today I just did some mending and made a sheet for the Pak N Play.  I keep giving them away. 

I'm starting to wonder if I will ever finish this Flats Family! My machine had to go to the shop the week before Thanksgiving and I travelled Thanksgiving week, so I lost two weeks of sewing time. I need to finish this family and quilt and bind two quilts before Christmas. I'm not sure if I'll make it!  

I've started weaving up the towels and I really like the pattern.   This is just brown cotton on white.   I think I might use the pattern in a pretty scarf someday too... something with a nice sheen to it.

11212075356_e327545a1e.jpg

oh and my sister informed me that her daughter would like a scarf for Christmas.  :scared:  I warned it I might not be ready.