Menu

Please pray for my dog

Suzanne115

Hi -

I would like to ask for prayers for my dog, Maurice.  My 12 year old standard poodle has been having problems for about a week.  He isn't eating and he is getting weaker by the day.  I am taking him to the vet today because they have one more thing they can try.  If not, I have to try to find the strength to let him go.  I lost his sister 2 years ago in November and I am still sad for her.  Needless to say, it has been a difficult week and I fear we may have something even more difficult in the horizon.  I don't want him to suffer and I pray I can be strong enough to let him go.  I just want to make sure we have exhausted our options.  My oldest daughter grew up with this dog and it is just so difficult.

Thank you,

Suzanne

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  Maurice stayed at the vets tonight.  They are giving him fluids and medicine via an IV.  We checked on him a few minutes ago and he is doing some better.  The vet suspects he may be seriously ill, but we may not know for sure without exploratory surgery.  I am not going to allow them to do the exploratory surgery.  If we can get him feeling better via medicine, then that will be great.  If not, I will have to prepare to say goodbye.  He has had health problems his whole life and I don't feel like it is fair to him to put him through another surgery.  It is so difficult. Years ago, I had to put my 19 year old toy poodle to sleep.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  They become so much like family.

Thanks again,

Suzanne

My heart breaks for you. We had to put our old girl down recently. I miss her so much. Some days are better than others. I was told, before we let her go, that she would tell us when she was ready, and she did. Maurice will do the same for you. It will be hard but you're doing it for him. But...we have a big God and I will pray that He will heal the old guy or that He will give you the steegth to do what you need to do.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  Maurice stayed at the vets tonight.  They are giving him fluids and medicine via an IV.  We checked on him a few minutes ago and he is doing some better.  The vet suspects he may be seriously ill, but we may not know for sure without exploratory surgery.  I am not going to allow them to do the exploratory surgery.  If we can get him feeling better via medicine, then that will be great.  If not, I will have to prepare to say goodbye.  He has had health problems his whole life and I don't feel like it is fair to him to put him through another surgery.  It is so difficult. Years ago, I had to put my 19 year old toy poodle to sleep.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  They become so much like family.

Thanks again,

Suzanne

Having to part with a beloved pet is one of those gut wrenching experiences. Prayed for Maurice and you.

I am so sorry.  In my lifetime, I've had to put three dogs to sleep.  Those were the most difficult things I have ever had to do, and each time I honestly thought I might never recover from it.  Praying for peace about doing the right and kind thing, if you need to.  Praying that he gets better, too!

My heart truly breaks for you.  We had to put our Border Collie down last month, and she was definitely my heart dog.  Even when our minds know it was the right thing, it is never an easy choice to make.  (((HUGS))) to you and your family.