Menu

Flour: wheat-free and nut-free?

Eagle

Ds1 is allergic to wheat and egg. Ds2 has just been diagnosed as allergic to tree nuts and peanuts. I already make almost everything we eat from scratch, but my flour comes from a factory that has tree nuts. Does anyone know of a brand of flour that is not made in a facility that has wheat, egg, tree nut or peanut?

We usually bake with brown rice, sorghum, tapioca, millet and potato starch.

King Arthur GF flour is what we use. The boxes used to say free of the 8 major allergens, but they removed that because while they still don't package anything with those allergens, they only test for gluten. Might want to email them and verify that, though. It's good stuff, and I loooooove the chocolate cake and pancake mixes, too.

Yep, King Arthur GF was safe the last time I called. Do call to make sure things haven't changed. They had their own allergen free facility for the gf production when I called. I would think it probably hasn't changed--they seem to be targeting allergen customers.

Gluten free and nut allergy takes some digging. I was amazed at how much cross contamination there was!