Menu

banner ads? possible to disable, or opt out, or buy out?

Let me begin by thanking Peace Hill Press for providing these forums, moderating them, and supporting this online community. 

It seems as if the banner ads are a permanent feature.  I will not use this board so frequently at all if confronted by them on every page, though I am certain the Peace Hill Press folks are convinced the ads are both inoffensive/appropriate and likely to generate revenue or they wouldn't have started them; and perhaps the revenue is required for the maintenance of this site. 

Is it possible to opt our, or to simply buy out of them?  I would be happy to pay an annual fee, or something like that, for ad-free access to the forums.  I find the banners themselves very distracting and irritating, and also am not happy with the general advertising nature of them on a site with so many members (including myself) who ought to be watching our budgets very, very carefully and not purchasing anything we don't truly need.  $2.99 or not.  ;)

Also these forums are one place I come to when stressed by homeschooling and in need of recharging and at the moment it is completely stressful and unrelaxing to have this bright reddish-orange advertisement across the top of my screen. 

If it were possible to opt or to buy out, I would be very grateful and am certain that I will be a much more active member of the community than if they are an unavoidable part of the WTM forum experience.