Menu

S/O Thanksgiving Day Munchies - Suggestions Needed

AlmiraGulch

We're having our Thanksgiving meal at a restaurant, but we're eating early.  I want some stuff to munch on later in the day, and also on Friday since we won't have leftovers.

The suggestions I have so far from my family:

Sausage Balls

A couple of dessert-y things they want

Deviled Eggs

I can do sausage balls just fine, but I can't make deviled eggs to save my life.  I can make them if I use avocado in place of the mayo, but no one will eat them but me.  

SO.....

1. If you have a tried and true Deviled Egg recipe, PLEASE, I'm begging you, share.  Mine are always tasteless or too salty.   I don't know why.

2. What other snack-y, munch-y things do you like in your family?  Maybe heavier, because we'll likely just eat these for a couple of days instead of cooking anything.

You can use ranch dressing instead of mayo to make deviled eggs, and then the seasoning is done for you. I use homemade ranch, but a good refrigerated brand would be fine. I wouldn't use the Hidden Valley bottled type. I recently tried a recipe on Pinterest that added buffalo sauce to the eggs. If you like buffalo things, they are amazing! Just add Frank's to taste to the ranch-yolk mixture.

Spinach dip (Knorr vegetable soup mix, mayo and sour cream per the recipe on back)

Greek salad skewers--square of feta, grape tomato, cucumber chunk, kalamata olive

Caprese skewers--piece of mozz (the small, fresh balls are great), grape tomato, folded basil leaf. You can add a cooked tortellini, a piece of salami or pepperoni... Drizzle with balsamic or serve to dip

Turkey roll up sandwiches--an example http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-and-cranberry-roll-up-pinwheels-275457