Menu

Spoilers - Day of the Doctor discussion

MSNative

Who wants to chat about it?  I just watched it this morning with my kids.  Great way to introduce them to Dr. Who.

What did you think about the whole Elizabeth and the marriage part?  I can't decide. 

Loved Tom Baker at the end.  He was one of my favs.  

ETA -Sorry - just saw the other thread.  I had even searched before I posted this. 

I must admit I didn't really love it.  Did not like the QE character at all. 

Our first doctor was Christopher Eccleston though after we started watching we did see some older episodes.  But I was not familiar with the... oh, I forgot the name of the red guys.

All in all I was a bit underwhelmed.  I seem to be in the minority!

We will probably watch again tonight as my daughter had another commitment yesterday and didn't get to see it.  Maybe I'll like it better 2nd time around.

I must admit I didn't really love it. Did not like the QE character at all.

Our first doctor was Christopher Eccleston though after we started watching we did see some older episodes. But I was not familiar with the... oh, I forgot the name of the red guys.

All in all I was a bit underwhelmed. I seem to be in the minority!

We will probably watch again tonight as my daughter had another commitment yesterday and didn't get to see it. Maybe I'll like it better 2nd time around.

You are not alone. Ooh, sound like the Face of Boe, don't I?

For the 50th anniversary of a show that began as a way to use time-travel to teach history to children, having Elizabeth I characterize herself as a "weak and feeble woman" and marrying the Doctor on a whim was... odd.

Or maybe my judgment is a bit clouded by the fact that one of my ancestors was involved in some bizarre real life romantic drama with QE1.

I posted the rest of my criticism in another thread.

I must admit I didn't really love it.  Did not like the QE character at all. 

Our first doctor was Christopher Eccleston though after we started watching we did see some older episodes.  But I was not familiar with the... oh, I forgot the name of the red guys.

All in all I was a bit underwhelmed.  I seem to be in the minority!

We will probably watch again tonight as my daughter had another commitment yesterday and didn't get to see it.  Maybe I'll like it better 2nd time around.

I don't think you are in the minority. Many people expected something....more.  I enjoyed it but I am one who expected something more than just another episode.  I have seen quite a few people expressing the same thoughts on Facebook and other online places.