Menu

just saw Thor 2

HollyDay

There were some little ones in the theater today.  THe kids looked to be about 5-7.  Honestly, I thought that was a bit too young.  The action is intense at times.   Also, the previews and the "preview previews" (what do they call those things?) were really not appropriate for young children IMHO.  I was surprised by some of the "preview previews" for upcoming TV shows.  They were more violent than the movie IMHO because it was people-people violence (gun fights, fist fights, etc) rather than Thor and company fighting with space aliens. Thor 2 has some sad moments in it as well.  I guess it depends upon age/stage of dc.  I'm not being much help I know, but I don't want to give too many details and spoil the movie.

I'd think if they saw the first Thor and Avengers, they could handle Thor 2. Some deaths, so if that's a sensitive issue, avoid. If we were closer to when my son's grandmother died, I think it would have been rough for him. Also, the dark elves have subtitles, so you'd definitely want kids to be able to read on their own. I don't think I'd take under 8yo. YMMV.

I took my DS8 and DS11. DS11 said, "It was gory." It wasn't. He meant violent. He thought it was more violent than the first one. He also said, "I didn't like the bad guy in this one as much as the first. They didn't develop his character enough."

They both enjoyed the movie, but liked Thor 1 slightly more. And they felt it was more violent than I normally allow them to see. I don't understand that since I find all the Avenger action hero movies to be about equal in violence. I didn't think this one was more violent than any of the others.

Minimum reccomended age anyone? I am thinking about taking my older son.

We saw it yesterday as a family for my youngest's 8th birthday. 

Having 4 older brothers, he's seen LOTR, Hobbit, all of the Marvel superhero movies and he didn't flinch.  My ds9 is more sensitive and he was fine as well.  I probably the most sensitive of the bunch, and enjoyed it.

I loved the first Thor, but the second one was just okay to me...The plot was a bit strange to me...I guess it didn't do enough to suspend my disbelief...Based on the trailers and previews, it was different than what I thought it would be...I do love the Thor and Loki characters though, and would still go to see a third one if they make it...