Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Are you going to seize the weekend, the broom or both?  

Clean kitchen

Laundry

Zumba for 30 minutes?  (My limit right now)

Dd - volunteer two different events.

Ds - finish up Alg. 2

Buy beauty bark - 4 bags 

Ds - work on garage

grade Latin

work on paperwork for dd's vision therapy testing

Next week's school prep

(Reminder - I'm all ready for Sunday school so all I have to do is to look things over.)

Dust entertainment center in living room

Habits:

Get in the steps

Digestive Enzymes 

Green smoothie

Groom Libby for 10 min.    (both are week-day habits only)

Keep Living room clean

Monitor blood sugar and blood pressure

I had an aweful night with the kids waking my up a gazillion times, so I'm not sure I'm going to tackle anything.

Plans for today:

-take dd10 to badminton practice - DONE
-study Greek & read a book while waiting - DONE
-with kids, watch Sinterklaas arrive in the Netherlands (national tv) - DONE
-laundry - DONE
-groceries - dh :)
-library - NO
-clean house
-prepare art project - DONE
-plan school for next week, need to find time to use new history and science curriculum with dd7 and dd5
-study Latin?
-evening walk with friend

ETA: I hurt my foot this morning, so I doubt the evening walk is going to work out :(.

I am seizing the weekend (or at least Saturday!).

To do:  

Drop Indy off for his camping trip at 7am.  Blah!  No sleeping in for me.

Go to IKEA!!!!  Yay! Yay! YAY!!!!!!!

Eat some yummy IKEA food!

Come home and put together stuff bought at IKEA!

Argue with James Bond over putting stuff together.

Have a drink after finally getting furniture together.

Hopefully go out to dinner and a movie with James Bond (if our sitter can come)

I am totally seizing the weekend--it's a "girls' weekend" since dh and ds are on a weekend trip with Boy Scouts.  

~haircut for me (long overdue)

~go shopping to find a semi-formal dress for dd16 to wear to an upcoming charity ball event

~if the little girls are up for it, we might do some Christmas shopping for other family members while we're out

~relaxing time around the house (make sure we have everything ready for Sunday morning since it will likely be late when we get home on Saturday night)

~volunteering at church to deliver meals to the hungry and homebound in our community

~dinner with my girls

~going to see Elf the Musical on stage (7:30pm)

It will be a late night by the time we get home and the girls have to perform at church in the morning. 

Get alignment- in progress

Get tires and oil change- also in progress decided to do it all in one place and got a discount :)

Get lunch for dd and I

Get a few things from Walmart

Stop at home to get overnight bags and let dog out and wash breakfast dishes while dog is doing his thing.

Put dog back in kennel and leave to go Aunts :)

Tress--Feel better soon! 

Mom in High Heels & MamaAkins--sounds like fun weekends! 

sleep in

breakfast (dh is cooking pancakes right now)

clean at part-time job

lunch

take dd shopping for brown pants and boots 

do more laundry when home

dinner

attend dd's play (I haven't read it or watched any practices so that it will be fresh and new.)

IKEA---nice!

Dd has ballet 11-5:30. Nutcracker season...

The other Science Olympiad coaches will be here in an hour. We will go through the forms submitted by the team members and assign the events. This takes freaking forever to do!

After that is accomplished (another coach emails the info, yay!)

--text dd her events so she will calm down

--library for holds

--grocery store?

--drugstore for contact solution

--exercise

And that's all I have planned :)

Sounds like everyone has fun plans-Sorry about your foot, Tress!

Today is busy, but fun.

Dh taking kids to practice this am

dd1 is babysitting for the weekend, we will pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

ds1 to water polo

word count!

home for a bit to do a few chores

dh and I out for movie--Gravity

then birthday dinner with mil-really is very fun, I promise!

Home!

Cat got out so I keep going out to try to get the little beggar back in.

Up at 5 to get dh off to a worship conference.

Waiting for a phone call to go get dh's truck, 40 minutes from here.

Have to run over and let a friend's dogs out at noon because they are at the worship conference too.

Need to pick up some groceries for company (family of 8) tomorrow after Operation Christmas Child packing party.

Get older dd to work at 1:00

Send back a computer battery that won't charge at all.

Clean a bit because I won't have any time tomorrow.

Decide on whether I will have time to bake biscuits or just buy them for tomorrow.

Get stove going or not, waiting on the weather...

Cat is in.

Major mess now, the guy who was supposed to go get the truck with me can't go and I have got to find someone, go get the truck, bring the truck here then drive whomever helps home.  sigh  stressing so badly right now, I feel sick.  I HAVE to get it today because they aren't open tomorrow and dh need the truck tomorrow.

Hi Everyone....dh and I are accomplishing lots today. :)

Done:  

• quick tidy of the house, vacuum
  • lunch is simmering and baking
  • dh took Ella to be groomed at Petco
  • dh hit Costco for me 

This afternoon to do:

• laundry--one load of each
  • work on Christmas crafts--stockings and knitting
  • work on school plans for next week
  • quiz ds for his tests on Monday
  • relax a little 

I am accomplishing nothing today, but have big plans!

Done:

Dog out/fed/clean water bowl

Chase cat away from dog's gate three times

Write long, meaningless post about the cat

Shower/meds/teeth

Pick up DD at friend's house in town @ 9.30; wait 10 minutes for her

Meet friend for breakfast in town

Go to urgent care in town (conjunctivitis); Doc won stupid question award by asking me how I got it.  I thought, for heaven's sake, this is not syphilis and blamed it on the Sandman since I woke up with it.

Take prescription to Rite Aid

Go to grocery store - forget to buy crackers (which was #1 on my mental list)

Go by office to inform DH about goings-on

Pick up DD's boyfriend

Pick up prescription - get turned down twice by MethCheck when trying to buy Sudafed; but it worked the 3rd time. Obviously, the cashier didn't think I looked like a meth maker. Forget to buy crackers again.

Go home; greet dog and take him out; call DH to ask him to buy crackers

To Do from 2:00 on:

This will be added to as I get things done, mostly because I like crossing things out now that I know how.  Plus I have to check out a couple of forums first.

Making some changes to my list as well as crossing things off:

Clean kitchen - done

Zumba for 30 minutes? - didn't happen because dd got a stomach ache this morning and was crying.

Dd - volunteer two different events. - first volunteer event didn't happen because of the aforementioned stomach ache.  She hopes she can go to the afternoon one.  I think she just got over-tired.  

Ds remembered some more coding he had to do for his comp. science class so he worked on that and got it turned in.

Next up:  Laundry

Slept off and on this morning, so I'm getting a late start...

go to craft stores to get supplies for dd

laundry

master bedroom

pay bills

watch some football

work on Christmas gift list

round up all school stuff not in use and list it for sale

clean off back patio area

drop donation bag to Goodwill

help dd make a practice batch of cinnamon and birdseed ornaments

Laundry  1 load washed and dried.  I'll put in another load now.  2 loads folded and put away.

Zumba for 30 minutes?  (My limit right now)

Dd - volunteer two different events.  Dd now has a fever.  I've called and let them know that she cannot volunteer at the second event.

Buy beauty bark - 4 bags  done.  Ds went and helped me.

Went to local Asian grocery store.  They were having a huge charity event for the typoon in the Philippines.  Got yummies for the tummies.  

Well..

Assigning events with the other Science Olympiad coaches took FIVE hours. Good gravy! But this is my last year---dd moves up to Division C next year and I will too :party: If she is homeschooled I will coach and if she attends the charter school (unlikely at this point) I will assist. I have been coaching since my oldest, the college junior, was in fourth grade :eek: I participated in SO the very first year it was national---I rocked the Titration Race :D

So let's see, what else have I accomplished today?

--Dh and I shot the breeze about printing and matting old family pictures for our house and to give to my sisters for Christmas (Our parents had oodles of family pictures, generations worth, all over their house. We split them when we sold the house after their deaths.)

--I had my weekly freak out about dd and her academic needs---I swear, it happens every week, either Friday or Saturday.

--I bought wine for me :D and some Eucerin for dd's hands.

--I picked up dd from Nutcracker rehearsal.

--I made pigs-in-blankets for dinner (homemade biscuits rolled out and then around nice nitrate free hot dogs).

--I have had a half glass of wine, a salad, and the equivalent of one hot dog and one biscuit.

Exercise waits for tomorrow :lol:

Jean--I hope you are feeling better! 

I'm home from dd's play. It was funny, and she did a really good job. She's turned into quite the little actress this year. She did Sound of Music in April, A Family Reunion to Die For this summer, and this one is Christmas Belles.  

I wasn't really home long enough to do any laundry, so that will have to be put off. Dd and I will not be going to church in the morning because it's in the opposite direction of her play. We can't get out to church and get her to her play in time since she has to be at it early. I can do some in the morning. 

I had big plans to tackle saturday.  I went to work for 6 am this morning, and then worked for 15 hours (the afternoon/evening cook called in sick so I worked a double), now I am home, putting kids to bed and heading for the tub to soak my aching feet.  I have to be back for 830am tomorrow morning to open up the diner.

It was a good day though.  The boss lady left me in charge of the place for close to 1/2 the day while she went home and rested a while(she fell on the ice yesterday and has a concussion and tailbone injury) and again when she left to drive to the hutterite colony to pick up potatoes and eggs.  Then she ended the night giving me a key to use tomorrow to open the place and organize the brunch buffet and the staff etc.  Feels good to know she values the work I put in and sees me in a trustworthy position to take care of the place in her absence.