Menu

FRIDAY's Teachers Lounge 11-15-2013

scrapbookbuzz

The Lounge is open!

Why does Friday feel like Monday today? Why does my son get so frustrated with math even when he know how to do the problem?

Why does my shoulder hurt so bad when I haven't done anything to it? Why do the birds go on singing...oh, wait.

My brain seems to be on vacation today, my body is falling apart, and my kids, who are 15 and 9 have yet to figure out how to get started

on their schoolwork without me reminding them EVERY day. 

So, maybe I'll hide out here today. Anyone care to join me? Lunch may be takeout but dinner will probably be breakfast.

Coffee and tea are always available. I may even make some gluten-free cupcakes if I can get motivated enough.

Feel free to bring in some snacks. Karen, you might have to fight me for the chair in the corner by the fireplace! B)

Jean, feel free take a nap, if needed. :)

What's on the menu today? This weekend?

What are your Saturday plans?

Anyone going to the movies or theater?

Talk to me!  :bigear:

Hi ya, Scrap!  I might take  you up on that nap.  I didn't sleep well last night.

Menu?  Um. . . food.  Breakfast was eggs and a "light" English muffin.  Beyond that, I don't know.  

Saturday - probably more of the usual.  I do need to pick up some more beauty bark for landscaping.

No movies or theatre.  

Dh handed in his resignation yesterday at work and a lot of what's going to be happening in the next month is scrambling to figure out finances.  

Why does Friday feel like Monday today? Dunno, but it definitely doesn't feel like a Friday. All day yesterday I thought it was Friday and was so happy today was Saturday. Then my alarm went off and I mentally went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Why does my son get so frustrated with math even when he know how to do the problem? I'm not sure, but DD did that with everything today. I think her allergies dragged her down to a weepy mess by the end of the day. She voluntarily started getting ready for bed an hour early because she felt like it was time. 

Why does my shoulder hurt so bad when I haven't done anything to it? Have you angered a voodoo queen recently? I recommend a sincere apology if you have.

What's on the menu this weekend? Um....pizza, maybe? I have absolutely no idea. I have to go to the grocery store to figure that out.

What are your Saturday plans? Library visit, because they're due and I don't want to pay late fees. Probably grocery shopping (time to buy the stuff for T-day. Ugh.) Guitar practice for me, and probably a workout, since I'm way too full from dinner to do it tonight. 

Anyone going to the movies or theater? Probably not. We saw Ender's Game last weekend. Child thought it was amazing. I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away.