Menu

Amazon package delivered to wrong state

Rachel

On Sunday I placed an order for favors for my son's birthday party.  It was through an Amazon Marketplace seller with expected delivery 11/15-11/20.  The party is on 11/26.  Last night I happened to check the status on another order and discovered the favors had been delivered yesterday via USPS to another state.  My exact street address in that town is a residential area.

I contacted the seller right away, it's after noon there now and I still haven't heard back.  I haven't found a phone number for the seller yet, it appears the business is located in a neighboring town from where my package was delivered.  I don't know if the seller shipped it to the wrong town or if USPS messed up.  The tracking information is limited, it says shipped on 11/12 and delivered on 11/13 and the town where it was delivered.

Amazon says I can't file a claim until after the 20th.  If I wait that long, the favors won't arrive in time.   It is not an item this particular seller appears to normally sell, so they may have a few more but not likely the 15 I originally ordered.  The seller appears to be new to Amazon, only has 5 ratings, but all are 5 star.  They do not have a ton of items listed on Amazon but they do appear to have a history selling on ebay and a hobby website.

I won't try to contact the seller again until 24 hours have passed, unless I find a phone number.  Has anyone dealt with this?  I assume the only way I will get a replacement is if the stranger this was delivered to takes the time to return it.  A refund would be OK, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find the same or a similar item for the same price again.

Has anyone been through something similar?  What was the end result?

Contact Amazon directly, either by phone or via their online chat service. Hopefully, they will be able to help you. I wouldn't wait to hear from the seller -- and I would explain to Amazon that time is of the essence here and that you need those favors immediately.

Let us know what happens!

I contacted Amazon, since it is a 3rd party seller, they won't refund the money.  They will email the seller for me, I'm to allow 2 business days for the seller to get back to me.  I really hope we can get this resolved before the party!  In the grand scheme of things it isn't a huge deal, but to my son it is.

IMHO, a Buyer should never contact an Amazon Seller by phone. Contact them via the Amazon Messaging system, so Amazon will have a record of your message to the seller and their reply (if any). In this case, it sounds like the Seller screwed up with the Shipping Address (I assume that they would print out a shipping label from what Amazon sends them about the order and paste it onto the carton they ship to you in but that doesn't sound like it happened here... ).

Explain to Amazon and to the Seller what you did here and that this is a time critical purchase for you. GL