Menu

I just got a message on FB inviting DD to the other party

Dmmetler

Guest submarines

It's so hard to imagine there are people like this. And I don't even think it's the kids, it must be the parents who are the driving and the perpetuating force.  Beyond disgusting. 

I'm so sorry. 

DD's mentor e-mailed me. Some of her other research students (college and grad students) want to help make DD's day special. Apparently, these young women have had enough mean-girl experiences in their life to be angry on DD's behalf. I don't know what they've had planned-but I know that if her science teammates just show up, it will mean a lot to DD. And it means a lot to me that these girls, most of whom don't work directly with DD (DD does her research mostly locally, and submits her numbers, but has only met with the whole team a couple of times) are being so sweet.

DD's mentor e-mailed me. Some of her other research students (college and grad students) want to help make DD's day special. Apparently, these young women have had enough mean-girl experiences in their life to be angry on DD's behalf. I don't know what they've had planned-but I know that if her science teammates just show up, it will mean a lot to DD. And it means a lot to me that these girls, most of whom don't work directly with DD (DD does her research mostly locally, and submits her numbers, but has only met with the whole team a couple of times) are being so sweet.

What a lovely example for your dd. This is what REAL friends do for one another.

This made me smile.  Beauty out of ashes.  Hope she has THE BEST birthday ever.

I didn't even bother to tell DD about the message today-not worth it.

We're SO done with dance at the end of this year-either we'll find another studio, or I'll let her add another tumbling class-she likes that better anyway.

Would it be possible to go ahead and switch now or over the Christmas break?  If she prefers tumbling anyway - what is the purpose of continuing with dance till the end of the year?  I understand wanting to keep commitments - but what about cutting your losses?

Guest submarines

Wonderful. 

Would it be possible to go ahead and switch now or over the Christmas break?  If she prefers tumbling anyway - what is the purpose of continuing with dance till the end of the year?  I understand wanting to keep commitments - but what about cutting your losses?

I agree. I'd finish the semester and let the holiday shows (assuming they exist) be the ending point. The new year seems like a natural time to switch and there will likely be other kids making a change at this time so DD might not be the only new kid.

We're paid up through April, including pretty heavy deposits on recital. Since it's really not the class that's at fault (and the instructor has been keeping the party talk to a minimum even before this whole thing happened-she pretty much keeps the girls busy and sweating the entire time (it's a street jazz/hip-hop class)), and there will only be one class after the two parties both happen before a week off (and after that the Holiday stuff starts taking over). I'm thinking we can last out the year rather than fight with the studio to try to get money back.

They don't do a mid-year recital, only an end of year one.