Menu

What God-honoring thing did you do today?

unsinkable

None.

But I slipped a cashier a dollar to cover the difference for the person in front of my desperately scrambling for change. I was nice to my pets and my kids (and even my DH who forgot to take the compost out last night), and greeted the people I saw on my walk with a smile and a "Good morning." And I gave a delightful young child and his mother each a satsuma from my bag on the way home. Isn't this just everyday life stuff?

I didn't sing. Or skip. Or glow. I don't glow. Or skip. Or sing.

Don't know whether it was God honoring or not, but everyone told me it was the "kind" thing to do.  I had to put our last dog down this morning.  It feels like hell.  This is my 3rd in 3 months (ancient lab that raised my boys; young poodle that was my companion, and this magnificient wolf-siberian husky that was dumped due to severe hip issues and we gave him a home about a year ago).  Maybe God is pleased that I was responsible for releasing this wonderful dog from his pain.  I hope so because it would be lovely to have something good come from so much pain.  Sorry, I'm just a pathetic sobbing lump today :(

Don't know whether it was God honoring or not, but everyone told me it was the "kind" thing to do.  I had to put our last dog down this morning.  It feels like hell.  This is my 3rd in 3 months (ancient lab that raised my boys; young poodle that was my companion, and this magnificient wolf-siberian husky that was dumped due to severe hip issues and we gave him a home about a year ago).  Maybe God is pleased that I was responsible for releasing this wonderful dog from his pain.  I hope so because it would be lovely to have something good come from so much pain.  Sorry, I'm just a pathetic sobbing lump today :(

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Don't know whether it was God honoring or not, but everyone told me it was the "kind" thing to do. I had to put our last dog down this morning. It feels like hell. This is my 3rd in 3 months (ancient lab that raised my boys; young poodle that was my companion, and this magnificient wolf-siberian husky that was dumped due to severe hip issues and we gave him a home about a year ago). Maybe God is pleased that I was responsible for releasing this wonderful dog from his pain. I hope so because it would be lovely to have something good come from so much pain. Sorry, I'm just a pathetic sobbing lump today :(

I am so sorry. The dog of my heart was a black lab that I had from a teen thru the first years of my marriage and the babyhood all my kids...and I couldn't do what you did. I hate myself for it. So I think what you did was kind.

None. But I did some people-honoring by offering to give a kid a ride to a teen night activity tonight because the mom has a bunch of younger ones and the dad works long hours.

:grouphug:  One is so very hard. Three in such a short time is heartbreaking.  :grouphug:

:grouphug:   :grouphug:   :grouphug:  

That's one big hug in memory of each beloved dog.

well, i'm not sure that it was "God" honoring - but it counts as kind.  my husband was just home for lunch. i made him yummy potato soup, grilled cheese, and salad! he's had a big week, so just taking care of him, encouraging him, and filling his tummy with some good food and sending him off with hugs and kisses  :)  that's good, right?

well, i'm not sure that it was "God" honoring - but it counts as kind. my husband was just home for lunch. i made him yummy potato soup, grilled cheese, and salad! he's had a big week, so just taking care of him, encouraging him, and filling his tummy with some good food and sending him off with hugs and kisses :) that's good, right?

Awwwwww, that is sweet. I think doing little things with great Love is God-honoring.

I'm so sorry.  I had to do this a few months ago, and it was truly one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I still weep when I think about it.  I'm sure it was the kind thing to do though. 

I'm so sorry, Cynthia. :(

:( :grouphug:  I don't know what is or is not God-honoring, but I feel pretty sure you did the right thing by your dog.

I rescued 4 people, a dog, 2 cats, and a ferret from a burning building today.

No. No, I didn't.

But everybody else was doing such nice stuff, and I didn't want to look like a slouch.

I held the cat on my lap and gave him a lot of sympathy after her horked up a particularly disgusting hairball. Does that count for anything?

Well there's still time. Get with the program and honor something. Anything. :D

I honor life. Carpe that freaking diem, yo.

“There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.â€

Woody Allen

I might not have done anything amazing, but I know that taking a deep breath and going over the math questions, for the third time with my son was honoring of where God has put me at this time and so honoring to him. Taking the time to sit quietly and coax a scared cat out from under the bed and help it learn to trust me was being a good steward of what God has put in my life. Cleaning my house and baking some goodies, might be the norm for me, but it is me doing the best I can with where I am and I can't think of any better way to honor God.

It's not much, but it's what I can do.

I get what people mean when they say God honoring, but in another way I don't get it.  As a Christian, shouldn't a person's entire day be God honoring whether it's saving lives in the ER or changing poopy diapers and cleaning up yet another mess?  Faithfully living out your vocation should be God honoring not just certain tasks you pull out of your day.  Sure, there are less stellar moments (yelled at the kids, swore at the aggressive driver), but overall I don't get just pulling out certain things and calling them God honoring.

Even in my most Christians days I didn't think about some jobs being holier or whatever than others.  You get up and try to do the right thing, you mess up, you keep trying. 

I get what people mean when they say God honoring, but in another way I don't get it.  As a Christian, shouldn't a person's entire day be God honoring whether it's saving lives in the ER or changing poopy diapers and cleaning up yet another mess?  Faithfully living out your vocation should be God honoring not just certain tasks you pull out of your day.  Sure, there are less stellar moments (yelled at the kids, swore at the aggressive driver), but overall I don't get just pulling out certain things and calling them God honoring.

Even in my most Christians days I didn't think about some jobs being holier or whatever than others.  You get up and try to do the right thing, you mess up, you keep trying. 

I don't think the OP or those sharing disagree with you. It's more of a play off the other thread & just in good fun.

I might not have done anything amazing, but I know that taking a deep breath and going over the math questions, for the third time with my son was honoring of where God has put me at this time and so honoring to him. Taking the time to sit quietly and coax a scared cat out from under the bed and help it learn to trust me was being a good steward of what God has put in my life. Cleaning my house and baking some goodies, might be the norm for me, but it is me doing the best I can with where I am and I can't think of any better way to honor God.

It's not much, but it's what I can do.

I wrote to someone that I believe doing little things with great Love is God-honoring. Do you know about St. Therese and the little Way? She tried to serve God through simplicity and little acts.

Well, dd threw up on me 4 times. And I cleaned her up whilst gagging. I held her hair while she vomited. Aside from running up and downstairs putting pukey laundry to wash, I've been vegging on the couch most of today holding her. My poor baby. :(

(((Gentlemommy)))

I hope she feels better soon and you get some rest.

I cleaned up the entire cup of coffee my dh, who was having a terrible morning, spilled all over 3 bins filled with toys.  I did laugh a whole lot before offering to clean it up so maybe that cancels out the God-honoring I was doing trying to make his day a little better by not having to spend 30 minutes cleaning toys individually.

Totally agree with this.  This thread was a reaction to the "other" thread :)  For myself, after the really heartbreaking day I've had, it is pleasant to read these routine "God honoring" things that people around the world are doing.  Life is happening all over and it has helped me re-center a bit today.  And in the midst of all of it one of our WTM ladies has had a new baby!  How great is that?!?  

And thank you to all who have expressed sympathy to me today.  I have felt warmed by your compassion.  

Totally agree with this. This thread was a reaction to the "other" thread :) For myself, after the really heartbreaking day I've had, it is pleasant to read these routine "God honoring" things that people around the world are doing. Life is happening all over and it has helped me re-center a bit today. And in the midst of all of it one of our WTM ladies has had a new baby! How great is that?!?

And thank you to all who have expressed sympathy to me today. I have felt warmed by your compassion.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Sometimes a little distraction can help a lot. I'm still so sorry about your dog. :(

I made dinner even though I am sick out of appreciation for my DH's hard work cleaning the kitchen yesterday. 

Took my kids to fill Operation Christmas Child boxes

Tried to handle it gracefully when DS was upset that he didn't get to keep everything we picked out.