Menu

Prayers please for my mom.....Update 226

Robin M

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom made it through the surgery and now we just have to wait for her to wake up. They said it will be a couple days. Turns out the clip didn't fail. The aneurysm was bulging on both sides of the artery, which is extremely rare. Seems the doctor had to get creative and will be writing this up in the medical journal. they did the coil procedure on both sides, then inserted stents which will block the weak area, plus keep the artery open.   My dad's doing okay, more positive now that the surgery is over. The doctors had told him to be prepared she probably wouldn't make it through the surgery, so yesterday was a bad day all around.   I had to go in and do payroll at the shop yesterday and left my cell phone at home, telling hubby I don't want to know anything at all. Just let me be in my bubble until I get home. So, now we wait and pray and hope.

:grouphug: I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys. Helping to keep me strong.

One step forward, two steps back. EEG was good . however she does have some damage but not exactly sure what until they can get her to wake up abit more. we think may be in speech and memory area according to the location of the aneurysm. Dad said she only responded to him, but no one else. She didn't wake up at all yesterday. Developed an infection and her bp is on the rise. They can't take her off the breathing tube yet because she is still to weak to breath completely on her own. My dad is a mess and isn't expecting her to last much longer. my sister is doing the best she can to make sure he eats and sleeps.