Menu

Online reviews- if you left a nasty one and the company contacted you- what do you think?

Papillon Mom

We have a small repair business. Reviews are our life's blood. 95% are great but every once in a while we get a very angry doozy. We usually respond with our side of the story on the review site and that is that. This last one is really bad and full of things that just aren't true (that we used used parts and charged for new, etc.) the person used their name so we have all their info. We called and left a message offering to fix anything he was unhappy with and show him invoices that prove we used new parts and basically go over the job with a fine toothed comb with him. No response from him.

I'm wondering, do you think that texting him would be too intrusive after already calling and leaving a message?

Thanks for any thoughts and for making it through my stressed out and worried explanation.

I would not contact him in any way.  He is likely trying to get you to give him something for free,  a refund or a discount in some way.  You have offered to show proof of your integrity, do not get sucked into anything else.  Leave a counter comment to show what you have offered and move on.   

When I read reviews, I look for the middle of the road reviews to look for consistency.  I throw out the 'most amazing experience' and 'worst experience ever' reviews .....unless those are the consistent ones of course.  LOL

I would just put on your response that you tried to contact the customer, that you always do honest work, etc and then drop it. I agree with others that I look for a pattern of reviews and accept that some people are just nuts.

:iagree: Some people are never happy, no matter what you do. 95% is a good review rate. :thumbup:

I would do my best to appease them and report that you tried to fix things, but in the end they are gonna be either happy or not and you cannot make some people happy .

I know this will sound trite-- but it has really worked for us in the past (and we are in a similar business)

We pray for the person.  Really--- if their life gets better, if they have more money or something good that lakes their focus off of us, then they leave us alone.