Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Clean kitchen

Get all that laundry folded and put away.

Get the remains of the lightbulb out of the deck light socket.

Replace the lightbulb.

Dd - history by self

Dd - Japanese, writing, science, math and reading with me

Ds - online class

Ds - Latin, history/lit., Computer science, robotics by self

Habits:

Get steps

green smoothie

10 min. groom Libby

keep living room tidy

monitoring blood sugar and blood pressure

digestive enzymes

Plans for today:

-dd10: Math, Dutch, English, Latin, History, Biology, Logic
-dd7: Math, Dutch, English, Copywork, Reading
-dd5: Math, Handwriting, Reading
-everyone: read aloud during lunch
-Greek & Latin vocab
-take dd10 and dd7 to music lesson (bike, it rains :()
-take dd5 and dd2 to park/library (bike)
-laundry
-wait for postman to deliver science curriculum :)
-call dentist for wrong bill
-call childrens' dentist to change date, send email

I hope everyone has a great day :D!

Good morning.  We had a fabulous (busy, but productive) long weekend, but now it is time to get back into the regular routine!

• daycare child 7:45-5pm
  • school:  
  •       dd6: phonics, math, handwriting, spelling
  •       dd9: FLL, TT, spanish, handwriting, Megawords, states & capitals quiz
  •       ds: English, TT, work on environmental science project, Spanish homework, 
  •       dd16: APUSH, AP Language, Chem test, Spanish homework, Govt homework, Pre-Calc
  • history for dd9 and ds
  • 3 mile run for dd9 and dd16
  • household chores: vacuum living room, stairs & bedrooms; dust, fold load of laundry from yesterday, wash/dry/put away 2 more loads of laundry, wipe down bathroom counters, general kitchen clean-up, empty/reload dishwasher
  • naptime for daycare child
  • go to bank for GS troop
  • write check for troop shirts and deliver to troop leader
  • fill out paperwork for dd6's new Daisy Troop
  • pay medical bills
  • apply for financial aid for dd's hospital bill from broken arm
  • read 1 more chapter of book 
  • dd16: dance class 4-5pm
  • meet dd16 in town after class so she can watch her siblings while I'm at a meeting
  • dinner & work meeting for welcoming ministry at church 5:30-7:30pm
  • go to bed by 10:30pm

Woke to cold rain, making outside my kitchen window look very Novemberish. Yuck!

--algebra 2

--physics

--history

--whatever she wants to do for English

--whatever she chooses for her elective(s) today

--pick up dd18 at 2:30 for her to drive to the drama club she runs

--another bunch of emails

--print MOEMS tests and solutions

--exercise

--update Goodreads account

--start Christmas gift lists

--blanch and freeze the cauliflowers from Sunday's farmers' market

But first, breakfast and a shower!

Well seeing how not much of anything got done yesterday..,,

Dishes/ clean kitchen- done

Laundry- in progress- last load in washer

Take out trash- done

Tidy up- done

Clean dd's room- in progress

Self Ed- doing during my "relax" time for 30/30 (love that app)

Get dd off the bus- well ended up picking her up, she had an accident so I took in clothes for her to change into and took her with me home.

Dinner- planned spaghetti

Bedtime routine

Anything else I happen to get done, I still feel like crap after yesterday's glucose testing

May I please join? I was doing fairly well there for a short while, but terminally ill relatives, minor illness at home, excessive busyness and general malaise and laziness won out. Now I have to not only get back on track but make up for lost time.

-finish laundry

-vacuum downstairs

-vacuum upstairs

-scrub up bath

-scrub 1/2 bath

-process apples for sauce

-help dd catch up with geometry work

-help dd develop plan to complete speech

-do work-from-home assignments

-write out bills

-run errands to grocery, gym

-talk to dm about fall table centerpiece donation

-get Thank You notes out

-groom kittens and dog

-deal with dog biscuits

-clean one cabinet or shelf

It is a beautiful, snowy morning here but it will all melt off by noon. A lovely day to get some serious work done! :)

Good Morning  :seeya:

I can't believe how quickly our weekend passed.   Time to get back in the groove.

• vacuum, dust first floor
  • laundry--one load of each--press and put away everything
  • school--full schedule today with online class tonight
  • cook a yummy dinner
  • take pooch to the vet a 5:20 for shots
  • make sure everything is nice and tidy 
  •  

This is the first day I don't have to go out and be anywhere in over 2 weeks.

I am going to bask in the wonder of it!

Here is the plan:

1. School with kids

2. Unpack from our trip

3. Fold and put away laundry

4. Do some sorting for clothing we no longer need/fit in to and box it up for Goodwill

5. Work 10 min. on cleaning school area while boys are working

6. Clean up kitchen for 10 mi.

7. Scrub toilets downstairs

Ugh I just walked into dd's room.... Can some please come help me clean and organize it???? Off to Pinterest some ways to organize her room, soon enough she will be sharing with her baby sister and I want dd1 to be able to clean her own room and have it look neat. I think my issue isn't really stuff (which she has plenty of but plays with all of it), but how to organize it so she can put things away herself.

Doesn't help at all that I can't crawl under her bed to pull stuff out, oh well maybe I can make a good dent ion the rest then wait for her to get home to pull out everything under her bed.... If I declutter dh will move her furniture for me tonight so it's arranged for little sister's arrival.

Dh stayed out of town last night, so I slept in. He's doing that once a week or so just to give himself a break on getting up early and the drive being so far. He found a hotel that is giving him a good rate since he'll do it all school year long.

I had a terrible night's sleep, and I think it was anxiety and adrenalin build up from my dog incident yesterday (a big dog jumping on me, biting at my clothes, scaring me, and the owner not coming to my rescue).  I was waking up feeling like my heart was racing, and I had one bad dream. It wasn't about dogs, though. It was about my dd driving and having an accident. I was even having weird feelings in my left arm, but I sleep on my left side so I could have been sleeping on it. I got up and took an aspirin just in case, though! LOL! Okay, paranoia needs to leave now. 

We are going Christmas shopping today, and I'll probably try to do some housework when we get back. It's a wreck, and most of it is my fault. Dd has play practice tonight, too. 

Yesterday was not quite long enough for my list, so I have quite a bit to do today.

Laundry

school dd2, ds3

oversee teens

catch up from yesterday and do word count for today

swim lessons this am

dd1 has meeting about a bike

oversee chores

PM practices-swimming

pick up from judo

On the plus side, ds1 called colleges with questions, wrote a short essay and finished another application yesterday! All without prompting :svengo:

Please pray or send good thoughts to me today. I know this is not much in the great scheme of things but.... we were up all night with my 3 year old who was throwing up. She's still throwing up, but she doesn't feel sick at all, so she's up and running around, and throwing up. No laying in bed with books or the tv and a throw-up bowl for her. I'm on my third load of throw-up laundry for her. And my boys are also throwing up. And I'm tired already and have a headache and you know that feeling when everyone is throwing up and you over analyze every twinge of your own stomach?

So, this is my day! I know tomorrow will be better, but.....

Good thoughts coming your way, KrissiK! I don't mind cleaning up potty accicents, but vomiting children....ugh....I get nauseous even thinking about it.

Amy :grouphug: How scary! Was the dog owner not near?

I hear you on the weird dreams, I have had so many war zone/refugee camp dreams lately, it's not funny :(.

Plans for today:

-dd10: Math, Dutch, English, Latin, History, Biology, Logic

-dd7: Math, Dutch, English, Copywork, Reading

-dd5: Math, Handwriting, Reading

-everyone: read aloud during lunch

-Greek & Latin vocab

-take dd10 and dd7 to music lesson (bike, it rains :()

-take dd5 and dd2 to park/library (bike)

-laundry

-wait for postman to deliver science curriculum :)

-call dentist for wrong bill

-call childrens' dentist to change date, send email

I hope everyone has a great day :D!

Dinner time check in:

almost finished my list! :D

I really like the new science curriculum, very open and go!

Krissi  :grouphug:

Amy - I'll join you and Tress with PTSD dreams.  My dh gave me a book to read that was full of triggers for me from some pretty awful things in my past (he had no idea since he hadn't actually read the book).  Anyway, my dreams were not very nice!  But it is morning and I told my dh that I'm going to stop reading the book.  (He frequently gives me books to read and then tell him about - it maximizes his reading time!)  

Oh.  Sorry for the serial posting but I really came here to write down what I've done so far!

Made bed.

Human care (still have breakfast to eat though in a few minutes).

Wrote two e-mail letters to friends.  

I am feeling overwhelmed by the huge pile of laundry to fold and put away so I'm playing a game - every time I go into my bedroom, I'm folding 10 things.  So far 20 things have been folded but I just might start avoiding the bedroom like the plague!  

2:30pm update:

• school:  
  •       dd6: phonics, math, handwriting, spelling
  •       dd9: FLL, TT, spanish, handwriting, Megawords, states & capitals quiz
  •       ds: English, TT, work on environmental science project, Spanish homework, 
  •       dd16: APUSH, AP Language, Chem review & test, Spanish homework, Govt homework, Pre-Calc
  • history for dd9 and ds
  • household chores: vacuum living room, stairs & bedrooms; dust, fold load of laundry from yesterday, wash/dry/put away 2 more loads of laundry, wipe down bathroom counters, general kitchen clean-up, empty/reload dishwasher
  • pay medical bills
  • order pizza for kids to have for dinner
  • meet dd16 in town after class so she can watch her siblings while I'm at a meeting

Continuing to chip away at Mount Laundry.

Dd is done with history.

So far we've done writing, reading, math and Japanese together.

Ds is done with history/lit.

We're done with breakfast.

All pet care has been done.

I've wrestled Libby for 10 minutes to work on some more grooming.  For a disabled dog, she sure can skitter when she sees that I have the grooming tools out!

Finally back home from swim and the bike meeting. It was a great morning, but I have not done anything. Ds2, and ds3 did a bunch of school work in the car.

Ds1 is back from class, and I hear the drums and guitar going. 

dd1 is currently now far behind in her day, unlikely she will be able to catch up.

No chores have been done.

No words written yet. 

Hmm, I have a lot to do in the next few hours.

Just checkin' in! Glad to read about all you gals' productive days. Mine is going better than expected. 3 year old has stopped throwing up everywhere. My boy who was throwing up has stopped. My other boy only did it once, though everyone is feeling lousy and jut laying around watching tv, which is ok. The upside of this is.... sick children don't bicker with each other. They just lay there. It's been so peaceful here this morning. And since I'm feeling fine, I've been getting some baking done for Thanksgiving, in between disinfecting everything around here.

All the laundry has been folded!   :party:   Now I just have to put it away. . . 

Lunch is done.

The kitchen is not clean because there was too much there, but the dishwasher was emptied and filled and is running.  We might have a bunch of stuff "hiding" in the oven because a friend and her new husband are going to show up any moment!   :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

Thanks to my new habit of keeping the living room spotless, it only needed a one minute touch-up but the attached dining room is a lost cause.

Oh - dd said they just drove up!   :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

Jean, I need to make it a habit of keeping the living room spotless. Or at least something spotless. I'm glad you got your laundry done. That's another thing on my to-do list today, since the sickies are basically stable. I'm doing my last load of throw-up stuff. My little one threw up at the table twice. So, this is the second time I'm washing a tablecloth.

9pm update:  

• school:  
  •       dd6: phonics, math, handwriting, spelling
  •       dd9: FLL, TT, spanish, handwriting, Megawordsstates & capitals quiz
  •       ds: English, TT, work on environmental science project, Spanish homework, 
  •       dd16: APUSH, AP Language, Chem review & test, Spanish homework, Govt homework, Pre-Calc
  • history for dd9 and ds
  • household chores: vacuum living room, stairs & bedrooms; dust, fold load of laundry from yesterdaywash/dry/put away 2 more loads of laundry, wipe down bathroom counters, general kitchen clean-up, empty/reload dishwasher
  • pay medical bills
  • order pizza for kids to have for dinner
  •  

Went to Zumba.  After 15 minutes I thought I'd die but I wanted to try and last 30 minutes if I could.  It got a bit better so I stayed until 30.  Then I thought "I can do it" so I stayed but on that very next song I knew that staying was a big, big mistake.  I had to leave.  Now I'm coughing and coughing.  (Not a cold - related to chronic health stuff.)  Being ill sucks big time.  (Sorry for the less than genteel language.)

Well, the sickies are better. They are quarreling and having contests who can stand on their head the longest. Of course, I have dd2 sleeping on the floor tonight with a throw-up bowl. She hasn't been sick yet and sleeps on the top bunk. Not wanting to tend to a vomiting child who's waaaay up high, so just taking precautions. Now I just hope my not feeling so well is due to no sleep last night and not me getting this bug, too!

Worked my long day at work, took the teens to cadets, remembered I had a homeschool support group meeting and went to that.  Now back home and finally eatting today at 1030pm (the kids ate all their meals but I have been too busy). A load of laundry is going, and kids are getting ready for bed.  I am hoping to get at least a few things done around here before I head to bed, I am way too far behind in my chores.