Menu

What Craft/Hobby Thing are you doing this week? week 14

PrincessMommy

I think I missed last week's installment!!  :blush:

Last week was pretty busy and stressful and I completely forgot.   I didn't do anything with my baby blanket last week.  It just sat there half way on the loom for a whole week.  Last night I finally had some time and I finished tying it onto the loom.  I hope to start weaving tonight.

10788831475_3aa2ff17ab.jpg

So how is everyone doing??  Halloween is behind us but Thanksgiving/Christmas will be upon us before we know it!

This week I am going to quilt a quilt and finish a  Flat Family. The Flat Family is like a paper doll, but it's made out of fabric w/some batting. They have quite the wardrobe - I cut them out this weekend. There are two girls and two boys. The girls have three blouses, a dress, a skirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts, a jacket,  two pairs of shoes and a pair of boots. The boys have two shirts, one pair jeans, one pair shorts, one set of gym clothes, one jacket, two pair of shoes and one pair of boots. After I get them put together, I am going to start on their house, but I'm not sure I'll get to that this week. 

This week I am going to quilt a quilt and finish a  Flat Family. The Flat Family is like a paper doll, but it's made out of fabric w/some batting. They have quite the wardrobe - I cut them out this weekend. There are two girls and two boys. The girls have three blouses, a dress, a skirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of shorts, a jacket,  two pairs of shoes and a pair of boots. The boys have two shirts, one pair jeans, one pair shorts, one set of gym clothes, one jacket, two pair of shoes and one pair of boots. After I get them put together, I am going to start on their house, but I'm not sure I'll get to that this week. 

that sounds really cool!  I hope you'll share some photos.

Sounds very cool! I hope you post pics.

This may be my reply for the next 8 weeks...

When we did MFW a few years ago, my dd (then 6) and I made a quilt with the state birds, etc. It was a great project. We made the top. It's HUGE. So I decided for Christmas that I would finish the quilt. Holy Stromboli what a project. This weekend I bought the backing, washed it, seamed it, bought the batting, basted it all, and started quilting. I am sure this will take until 2015...

Do we get to count wrapping presents? I have nearly all my kids (and extended family) birthday and Christmas presents wrapped. I didnt have time to make many of them this year, so they were all delivered to me and I spent the weekend wrapping them. (thanks amazon!)

My hope is to start a busy book for DS for Christmas. I have found all sorts of cool pictures and patterns online.

I will also be continuing my sweater on Tuesday evening.

I am working on some luggage tags for my mom's birthday coming up.  I did not have the right interfacing so I have had to modify it a bit.  I got the general idea from here .  I am only working on crafting when I have gotten my 2,500 words written for NaNoWriMo.  As I have written 0 for the day right now, I don't think the tags will be finished today.

I'm stitching/quilting a fall panel with chickens on it to hang in my kitchen.  Started it a couple years ago, but keeping it out now.  Hoping to finish it before Thanksgiving when I'm getting lots of company.  Been busy pinning ideas for this year to my pinterest boards.  Lots of ideas; now to get to work!

I didn't know you had started a new thread, PrincessMommy. :thumbup:

I crocheted a couple more ruffle scarves, and I'm half-way done with a regular scarf. Oh, and I also crocheted another set of beanbags (forgot one nephew earlier - oops!)

I also practiced making a hand-molded beeswax candle. It came out OK. I'm not thrilled with it, but I'll be doing more tomorrow with my 4-H group, so we'll see how those go.

I tried uploading a photo but was having issues so I gave up on the post. 

Sew Mama Sew linked to a fun fish softie tutorial.  I made this for the newest member of the family, my niece's son.

I stitched an embellished beaded scarf from a lovely piece of voile.

And I have finished one of the knitted beaded wristlets from a reworked Victorian pattern in Piecework magazine.

More importantly, I decided not to stress out about making a lot of gifts this year. I am sending out gift cards to those who have not expressed any particular enthusiasm for my handmade gifts in the past.

I tried uploading a photo but was having issues so I gave up on the post.

Sew Mama Sew linked to a fun fish softie tutorial. I made this for the newest member of the family, my niece's son.

I stitched an embellished beaded scarf from a lovely piece of voile.

And I have finished one of the knitted beaded wristlets from a reworked Victorian pattern in Piecework magazine.

More importantly, I decided not to stress out about making a lot of gifts this year. I am sending out gift cards to those who have not expressed any particular enthusiasm for my handmade gifts in the past.

That sounds like an excellent solution to your grinchy feeling.