Menu

I totally ruined my banana bread. Sympathy, please.

AlmiraGulch

I didn't even know that was possible!  Banana bread is really, really easy, and I was craving it!

But somehow, after I put all the ingredients together, it was more like a dough than a batter, and it weighed about 4,200 pounds.  I thought maybe I'd actually added too much coconut flour, but I double checked and know I didn't because I used the last of it.  

Whatever.  I'm aggravated.  I wasted some perfectly good no-longer-good-for-eating bananas, and I don't get my bread.

On a bright note, I did make the best beef stew I've ever had for dinner.  Doesn't help me with my banana bread, though.  Hrrmph.  

Many sympathies. I had a recipe fail just the other day, so I feel ya. My bread just did not rise (maybe...just possibly...I spent so much time wrestling the lid off the yeast jar I kind of forgot to...you know...add yeast to the bowl). Maybe your banana bread and my semolina baguette are trash-talking us in some baked goods version of Elysium.

I never even baked the banana bread.  It was really, really weird.  I assumed the dough-that-should-have-been-batter got thrown away when the kitchen was cleaned.

Turns out he put it in the fridge, so I decided to bake it this morning to see what happens. 

I'm sure everyone will be waiting anxiously by their computers for the results of the Big Banana Bread Debacle of '13. 

something must be in the air--I made banana bread last night-was going to send a loaf to the salon to the girl that cuts my hair-she gave me tickets for bbq plates from a church and she wouldn't let me pay her....so I thought I would just send her a little happy...everything went well until I thought to add in sunflower seeds because I didn't have any nuts.....I'm not sure I like it enough to share LOL.....I have more bananas-I might try again in a few days after they age a little more but this time stick to the recipe......