Menu

Help me save this meat

AlmiraGulch

A few weeks ago I cooked 2 pork tenderloins and a boat load of chicken breasts, with the intention of eating some throughout the week and freezing some for later.

The problem is that I really didn't like the marinade I used for either.  The pork has some bourbon marinade that just really isn't very good, and the chicken is herb-heavy.  I think maybe Herbes de Provence or something similar.  None of us really enjoyed it, but I refused to throw away that much perfectly good meat.  

What can I do with it to make it edible?  There has to be some sort of sauce(s) that will complement bourbon for the one and lots of herbs for the other but will kind of mask the yuck.  I think it may be harder since they're already cooked.

Suggestions?

I hadn't thought of rinsing it.  That may work. 

I suppose BBQ sauce makes up for a multitude of sins, doesn't it? I think that might be a good plan for the pork.  Lemon pepper won't work for the chicken because I don't care for lemon pepper (which I failed to mention previously). 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Rinse, then thinly slice the chicken. You could do a white lasagna, pizza, chicken sandwiches (maybe with thinly sliced ham and Swiss for "Cordon Bleu" sandwiches), big salads (Caesar? Greek?), chicken gyros...

Bourbon pork? Would it go with apples and onions? I don't like sweet meat marinades or BBQ sauce. I'd be eating cereal while the rest ate BBQ. ;)

I'd chop up the chicken and throw it in a big pot of water/stock and make chicken soup. That should dilute the herbs.

Oh that's a great idea.  Chicken soup it is.

I decided to do the pulled pork tonight, but I accidentally took out a raw tenderloin instead of the cooked one last night!

On the bright side, it cooked all day in the crock pot and tasted amazing.  I still have a cooked tenderloin to deal with, though at some point.