Menu

What's with the ads?

carriede

Handwriting Skills Simplified

Has anyone used/investigated Handwriting Skills Simplified? I came across it at Rainbow Resources looking for a Z-B style workbook. There are very few reviews so I thought I'd ask about it here.

I also know that a lot of people really like the Zaner Bloser company's workbooks. But there's a "large" price difference between the two series.

Thanks for your help!

I've used many of these for all my kids.  I like them because they are straight forward to use.  They build the skills, show them how to check their work, and review.  I like how the skills build.  They teach the curve, then the letters with that curve.  So the letters are not taught in alphabetical order but grouped by method of drawing.  This is for both the print and cursive...For example in print you will learn the 'c', the 'a', the 'o', .... hmm I don't remember but probably the 'g', and the 'q' BUT not the 'p' at this point because it starts with a line.  

They show they how to check their work for things like spacing, slant, etc.

Let's see...

The cursive books also review some print.

I use them for younger DD - we switched from HWoT to this and she prefers it, even asking to do more.  We started with book 1 and are just about done with it - we'll be heading into book 2 soon. 

I like the price, as well.  I think it's a good series.

I know this is an old thread but I can't find newer content.

I'm planning to use these books. Based on the samples I found online, it looks like they don't include longer verses/passages for copy work. Is that true? Will this resource just teach letter strokes mainly?