Menu

"Netflix" for Legos...Anyone try this?

Zuzu822

Hmmm...seems pretty cool, although not cheap.  I'd be afraid of my child losing a piece or 12-- we have such a huge Lego collection already.  I didn't see robotics stuff on there, but that would be really neat.

In their FAQ, they say that "normal" lego loss is included in the price and you aren't charged for it.  I'm not sure what "normal" means, though.

Oh, my! That seems crazy, but cool. My husband pointed out how labor-intensive it would be, but this kid who hangs around me all the time* suggested a machine could sort the pieces.

*She wanted me to add that. :)

If she can deliver on such a machine, I'll take it for the mountain of Legos we already have!

We are doing the trial free month, it has been almost two weeks and we have only received one set  :glare: .  We signed up, got the first set 4 days later, my kids built it and we went out of town for the weekend so we kept it 4 days.  We sent it back almost a week ago and have yet to receive the next set.  They said they are resolving shipping problems by changing to FedEx (from USPS), but thus far I am not impressed.  You can only get fan sets with the free trial, you have to be a MegaFan to get the Death Star and Millenium Falcon.  The fan is $15 a month, SuperFan, $25, and MegaFan $40.  I might sign up for the MegaFan for one month to get some of the big sets. Asher just likes to build, he doesn't care a thing about playing with his creations, so I thought this would be perfect for him.

We are doing the trial free month, it has been almost two weeks and we have only received one set :glare: . We signed up, got the first set 4 days later, my kids built it and we went out of town for the weekend so we kept it 4 days. We sent it back almost a week ago and have yet to receive the next set. They said they are resolving shipping problems by changing to FedEx (from USPS), but thus far I am not impressed. You can only get fan sets with the free trial, you have to be a MegaFan to get the Death Star and Millenium Falcon. The fan is $15 a month, SuperFan, $25, and MegaFan $40. I might sign up for the MegaFan for one month to get some of the big sets. Asher just likes to build, he doesn't care a thing about playing with his creations, so I thought this would be perfect for him.

Keep us posted! That is disappointing to hear about shipping.

My two older boys like to build but not play too, and while DS5 is a creative builder, DS7 is very by-the-book and always interested in building new sets exactly as written. That's why this appealed to me too.