Menu

next question...kitchen again

kfeusse

I have all stainless steel appliances, black with brown specks in my granite countertops with maple wood cabinets.  I want to put my cooking utensils in something next to my stove top...I am thinking a crock, but they are so expensive...what else can I use that would look nice?

I would try to find an inexpensive crock at someplace like Bealls Outlet, or Ross.  But get a colorful one :)  If you can find one for about $15 (which I've actually done before at Ross... I think it was Ross... one of those stores), you can get a really bold color you love, and not be too hesitant to replace it when you no longer like the color...

I'd only store on the counter your most used utensils. So, decide what those are, hold them together in a group and see. Play around with items you already have for size comparison. Examples of items you can use to compare sizes: coffee cans, tea pitchers, flower vases, etc.

eta: you also don't want them SO CRAMMED into the container that when you pull one out, they all come out. So practice pulling out separate pieces to make sure the size is a good fit.

I have an old vintage chocolate brown crock that holds my long handled utensils.  I have a shorter cream color with blue band vintage crock that holds my short utensils.  These were given to me by my FIL (age 86) and they were from the farm where he was raised.  You can pick up cheap vintage crocks if you aren't too concerned that they be waterproof.  The chocolate colored crock (probably 1 gallon) has a couple hairline cracks.

I have stainless steel appliances and a dark granite with deep green