Menu

Another school shooting. 2 dead so far.

I.Dup.

I'm in Reno (which merges into Sparks) and this hits close to home for me as well. We looked into several homes in the Sparks area when we were looking at moving here. We also just had an 80 year old man shot and killed during a bank robbery here last week. So many stupid people doing stupid things with their guns. :(

I wonder if we as society didn't allow the names of these jerks to be published and they didn't get their "15 minutes of fame" in the media, if people would look for a different way to be remembered forever.

Mom used to say,

People want attention and even bad attention is better than no attention.

I can't imagine the pain and fear parents are feeling right now.

I think the news is so dark. I do think society needs to be informed of what is going on but at the same time, I do feel like bad things get glory and attention entirely too much. 5:30am and drinking my coffee while watching the news and all I hear is murder committed here, drive by shooting here, etc.. Why can't we hear GOOD stories about people inventing things, new cures, progress made against world hunger. I don't know what the answer is...I suppose I am just ranting. 

I hate that there was a new school shooting. It seems to be the popular way to go these days :/ There was an attempted one in GA the other month, the shooter came in and demanded the front desk call the news station so they could be there when he started taking down cops. Now, no kids were injured and it ended well with him arrested BUT he was clearly there for the attention.. So sad :(