Menu

Clean Eating is awesome!!!

kwickimom

I have lost over 100 lbs in the past 2-3 years. I did Weight Watchers, low carb and then lost some from running. I was stuck at a plateau for a good like 9 months maybe (I never pay attention or write down my weight and have a terrible concept of time)

I decided to take part in an October Unprocessed challenge just for the health benefits and I have lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks and I have only been walking for exercise! I am eating bread and pasta and potatoes!!! I am so happy. I am rarely hungry, am learning to cook delicious meals, have eliminated all processed sugar, feel great, had a NORMAL period (have had TERRIBLE ones for a year) and can really see eating like this forever.

I was so hesitant to try it and thought I would never succeed, but I am. It does take a lot of planning and cooking. I haven't bought or cooked anything "weird". I am currently wading through Onceamonthmom's freezer meal recipes to get a nice stock of freezer foods going to help. 

The big downside is that eating out is hard. Restaurants are not that bad but fast food, there is nothing I can really eat. The upside- I am not eating fast food!!! I am forced to pack snacks or meals and that is OK with me. I hate fast food. After the October challenge I may let myself have some Subway or something once in awhile but thats it. I plan to 90% of the time eat like this forever. 

I hated to cook and meal plan and now I love it. I am a person that needs strict eating rules and this has really helped me. Just wanted to share in case someone else was thinking about giving it a try!!!

I'll come back and post some recipes from the past 3 weeks. 

I am sticking to foods that have 5 ingredients or less and could be made in my kitchen (it doesnt have to be made but technically could be) No preservatives.

I opted for no sugar for October. I may add in Sugar in the Raw after this month for some baked goods, but that is all. 

I am eating block cheese, no processed singles or pre-shredded. 

I am using organic milk. 

I have made my own- bread, tortillas, jam, applesauce, alfredo sauce, waffles, pancakes, granola, pizza sauce, yogurt....

We raise chickens so we have fresh eggs and meat. We hunt so we have venison year round. 

I am using whole wheat flour or unbleached white whole wheat flour and honey and 100% maple syrup for sweetness

Right now  I am not all organic as I can't afford it but I do buy it when I can. We had a great garden this year and we mostly eat organic meat that we kill ourselves.

Do you make your own pasta? What is your bread recipe? Or other recipes that you care to share?

Thank you so much for sharing your success! I don't have pounds to shed, but I do want o eat more clean. Right now I want to make my own bread instead of store bought even though they have no preservatives. I do make my own wheat flur with wheat berries.

Wait! Am I the only person who opened this thread thinking I was going to find out someome or someone's little ones were eating rocks? :drool5:

Seriously, I thought someone was going to be asking how dangerous it was for their kid to eat rocks as long as they were not dirty.

Sometimes I think I spend too much time on this board. :huh: You never know what you might read. I'm glad to hear you're talking about healthy food, not granite.

EDIT: Congratulations. That is an awesome accomplishment!!!! You ROCK.

Wait! Am I the only person who opened this thread thinking I was going to find out someome or someone's little ones were eating rocks? :drool5:

Seriously, I thought someone was going to be asking how dangerous it was for their kid to eat rocks as long as they were not dirty.

Sometimes I think I spend too much time on this board. :huh: You never know what you might read. I'm glad to hear you're talking about healthy food, not granite.

Congratulations!!!

This is exactly what I thought!  Sounded interesting actually.  I have learned so much from this board and am a little saddened that I can't add eating rocks to the list.

Me too! But, before opening the thread I could read where she mentioned losing a lot of weight so I thought it was some new diet using rocks. Eat clean rocks and feel full??

I was thinking there was some new kind of candy called "rocks" that was made by a company called Clean Eating.

I wanted some.

Imagine my disappointment when I learned this thread was about eating healthy stuff. :glare:

Congrats to you anyway, though, Kwickimom!!! :)

oh boy- maybe I should change my title  ;)

Menu-

B- diced potatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms sauteed in EVOO topped with an egg or oatmeal with fruit and walnuts

L- dinner leftovers or tacos with homemade tortillas and homemade greek yogurt instead of sour cream or a veggie omelet

D-  venison roast, Chicken and dumplings, cheesy quinoa and veggies, and spaghetti squash with marinara and meatballs. I usually eat the same thing for 2 nights and 1 lunch. 

snacks- popcorn with butter, nuts, homemade yogurt with homemade jam or honey and granola, hard boiled eggs, fruit and veggies, smoothies, homemade applesauce or fresh juice in my juicer

drink- coffee with milk and either honey or a splash of vanilla extract, water, or fresh juice

I got a ton of recipes off of 100daysofrealfood.com and mywholefoodlife.com and pinterest

Nope. You're not alone. I read it that way too. :)