Menu

Do you own a Munchkin cat?

Pegasus

If so, would you be willing to answer some questions about your pet?  My DD13 is doing an article as part of her Cover Story program and she has chosen to do it on Munchkin cats.  I REALLY appreciate anyone’s time to help her out.  I will let her type her questions below.  More than one response is welcome! You can PM the answers to me if you do not want to post it on the message board.

1. What is your cat’s name and age?
  2. Please describe your Munchkin cat’s appearance & personality:
  3. When did you first know about the Munchkin cats?
  4. When did you first get you Munchkin? Where did you get it?
  5. Can you attach a picture of your cat (optional)?
  6. Does your cat require any special care? Does it have any back/leg/hip issues?
  7. How do you feel about the controversy over breeding Munchkin cats?
  8. Do you have any advice for potential Munchkin owners?
  9. Would you own another Munchkin cat in the future?
  10. Do you have a favorite/funny story about your Munchkin cat?

Thank you!!  :hurray:

We have one. He is 10 yrs old named Pichu. He is a bit goofy, not quite all there, very leery of strangers, sometimes runs from us ;) . He is a lynx point siamese with blue eyes and medium length hair. He is of course short legged, small body and shaped like an egg from front to back. Only weighs about 5/6 lbs.

Munchkins are really a genetic anomally, I've known about them for some time. He was a kitten from a friends litter on her farm. He didnt look like any of the other kittens thats for sure. He seems to attract fleas, but not real bothered by them.

No i would never buy one. There are enough cats out there to adopt if I want one. We always seem to have enough cats anyways :). 6 at the moment....

We used to own one, but I'll answer these the best I can.  I don't have any digital pictures of her though.

1.  What is your cat’s name and age? Her name was Willow

2.  Please describe your Munchkin cat’s appearance & personality:  She was a short-legged tabby, she was very hyper and wound up a lot, occasionally mean.

3.  When did you first know about the Munchkin cats?  I bought her from a pet store in 1999, I had never heard of or seen any before her.

4.  When did you first get you Munchkin? Where did you get it?  See #3

5.  Can you attach a picture of your cat (optional)? N/A

6.  Does your cat require any special care? Does it have any back/leg/hip issues?  She had no medical issues

7.  How do you feel about the controversy over breeding Munchkin cats?  I have not heard of this.

8.  Do you have any advice for potential Munchkin owners?  They are very cute, and odd looking, for some reason that makes people want to mess with them, I think that's why she got a little mean, but some cats are just mean, so who knows.  I would ensure that no one messed with her.

9.  Would you own another Munchkin cat in the future?  Probably, but I would not purchase one from a pet store.

10.  Do you have a favorite/funny story about your Munchkin cat?  She would scare herself if she saw her reflection, and then raise her back and hiss at it, she also really liked to wrestle, with our other cat or our rabbit.