Menu

Foerster Algebra 1 - TM?

For those of you using Foerster's Algebra 1, are you using the TM, or is there a separate book with the answer key? I know the TM has to be purchased directly from Prentice Hall, but I'm not quite sure what I need. And I hate to spend extra $$ if I don't need to.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Heather

Thanks! I looked around for a used TM and was hoping I didn't need to spend another $80 on top of the price of the solutions manual. I think we'll manage with other resources (AoPS and Khan videos, etc.) if we run into trouble. Appreciate the link to isbn #s - the Prentice Hall website has so much stuff it would be easy to pick the wrong book.

I got the TM used also.  I like having it, but it is not absolutely necessary.  I also bought the tests and solutions manual.  I like that in the TM there are assignment suggestions.  I followed a lot them and wrote out a schedule which ended up being 45 weeks long.  It includes the Chapter tests and some quizzes.  My 2nd DS started Algebra earlier than his other subjects this year and will hopefully finish by the end of summer break.

The solutions manual is definitely the better buy out of the two.  I broke down and bought mine when my 1st ds was about halfway through the book.  I also like having the tests.  I didn't like just using the chapter ones in the book.  I did have to buy those both new through Pearson Oasis, but I am hoping I can use this program for all 4 of my boys.

Thanks BlsdMama, I am pretty comfortable with algebra, and DD took the book as soon as it came into the house. I looked through a copy before purchasing, but didn't notice the answers in the back! Maybe I'll hold off on further buying for a few chapters and see how it goes.