Menu

Anybody ever heard of Zija?

AlmiraGulch

It seems to be popping up everywhere lately but I really don't know what it is.  I know there are some pretty lofty claims associated with it (like every other "miracle" product) but again, what is it?

Is the company called Zija, or is the product called Zija, or is Zija some sort of berry or something that they've made products out of?  I think there are several products, actually, but I don't know what they are or what they're supposed to do, or how they're supposed to do it.  Finding information about it is not as easy as it sounds, because when I search most of the info I can find is about the MLM business opportunity.

I have a friend who is selling it but I don't want to ask him about it because I don't want him to think I want to buy it or get sucked into the MLM thing.  I don't.  I really am just curious about the product.   I do know that he has been able to go off several medications (he's 81 years old) and has lost about 25 pounds, and he attributes both of those things to the product/products.  Good for him, I say, but I still don't want it.

Anyway......anyone know anything?

I found this link for you. Apparently it uses an extract from the Moringa tree? There's a post in the link to some preliminary studies regarding some health effects from the tree but that seems to be the extent of what's available health-wise. 

My suspicion is that it's like a lot of the weight-loss and supplements out there. Any little bit of new, vaguely positive research on some unheard of plant means folks start putting it in products and making exaggerated claims for marketing purposes. Never mind the research is in such early stages that nothing meaningful should be concluded yet. 

​I suspect there's nothing the drink does for you that a balanced diet couldn't accomplish. Also some of the benefits listed, like antibacterial properties are common in lots of plants. I could dig up some burdock roots in my back yard and get that benefit.

I found this link for you. Apparently it uses an extract from the Moringa tree? There's a post in the link to some preliminary studies regarding some health effects from the tree but that seems to be the extent of what's available health-wise. 

My suspicion is that it's like a lot of the weight-loss and supplements out there. Any little bit of new, vaguely positive research on some unheard of plant means folks start putting it in products and making exaggerated claims for marketing purposes. Never mind the research is in such early stages that nothing meaningful should be concluded yet. 

​I suspect there's nothing the drink does for you that a balanced diet couldn't accomplish. Also some of the benefits listed, like antibacterial properties are common in lots of plants. I could dig up some burdock roots in my back yard and get that benefit.

Thanks for the link.  I hadn't seen that page previously.  I did see reference to Moringa, but I didn't realize that was an actual tree.

I agree with you about most of the weight loss supplements out there.  I think a lot of times people end up with "results" from these products that really shouldn't be attributed to the products themselves, but rather to the other changes they make concurrently with the pills they start taking.  So they'll say "I started taking XXX product and had so much more energy I was able to exercise, and then my cravings for sugar left when I started eating better, and now I've lost 45 pounds and it's all because of Miracle Product!"  Really, they would likely have had the same results from the bolded regardless of the pill, but if some pill isn't harmful and gives a person the psychological boost to do what they need to do, then I say whatever works for them.  

A friend of mine (as well as her husband and grown son) all sell and have since the beginning of Zija. They are some kind of Diamonds now, I believe. My cousin (whom I only know through FB) also is way up there in the company. My friend tried to get us in, saying it was going to take off fast, and they have certainly done well. Zija is a mixture of the Moringa tree's leaves, fruit, and seed, whereas otherwise you can only buy moringa in a single form- leaf powder, seed, etc. This is why they say it is superior to other moringa products. I do believe that it is an awesome tree and would probably take Zija if it didn't have MLM attached to it. I've been there, done that with Discovery Toys and it was great, but ugh! I'm so done with that lifestyle. We have ordered moringa powder in the past and mixed it in our drinks, but didn't take it long enough to see long term results. Zija smart packs actually taste really good. They are like the single serve crystal light packets that you put in a water bottle, but green. Kinda peachy. Search/Youtube "Moringa" and see what you think.

A friend of mine (as well as her husband and grown son) all sell and have since the beginning of Zija. They are some kind of Diamonds now, I believe. My cousin (whom I only know through FB) also is way up there in the company. My friend tried to get us in, saying it was going to take off fast, and they have certainly done well. Zija is a mixture of the Moringa tree's leaves, fruit, and seed, whereas otherwise you can only buy moringa in a single form- leaf powder, seed, etc. This is why they say it is superior to other moringa products. I do believe that it is an awesome tree and would probably take Zija if it didn't have MLM attached to it. I've been there, done that with Discovery Toys and it was great, but ugh! I'm so done with that lifestyle. We have ordered moringa powder in the past and mixed it in our drinks, but didn't take it long enough to see long term results. Zija smart packs actually taste really good. They are like the single serve crystal light packets that you put in a water bottle, but green. Kinda peachy. Search/Youtube "Moringa" and see what you think.

Thanks for the info!