Menu

Really, College Board?

Gwen in VA

The College Board never ceases to amaze with with the variety of ways it has to frustrate people! I thought that today we gave the College Board the last nickel that we were going to give them, but such is not the case.

Dd had signed up to take an SAT-2 in October, but decided not to take it.

She needs to send her SAT scores to her Nov 1 deadline school, so we decided to send in all of her scores to all of her schools and be done with it.

She ordered all of the scores sent, we paid, and then we received the email that states clearly that SOME of her scores (but not all) were sent to each school. There was no indication in her order that the scores would say SOME scores sent, and she did not request any withheld. I guess the fact that the Oct. test haven't been processed means that only SOME of her scores were sent?

So now we wait a few weeks until it is abundantly clear that she didn't take any tests on Oct. 4 and then resent the scores so the scoresheet doesn't say SOME scores sent. (And this of course will involve sending the College Board more money!)

Really? I'm 'frustrated!

It is so frustrating - between the college board and the common ap, I have gotten several more gray hairs.

So here's a question.....my son took the Oct. 4 SATs - the scores should be available by Oct. 24.  How long does it take for the college board to send the scores?  If on Oct. 25th, we request all scores (previous test and this one) then would they arrive at the college before a Nov. 15 deadline?    

Myra

It is so frustrating - between the college board and the common ap, I have gotten several more gray hairs.

So here's a question.....my son took the Oct. 4 SATs - the scores should be available by Oct. 24.  How long does it take for the college board to send the scores?  If on Oct. 25th, we request all scores (previous test and this one) then would they arrive at the college before a Nov. 15 deadline?    

Myra

They arrive right away pretty much. It is done via computer.